Remove ImgBurn from right-click context menu on dvds

panacea

Hello!

I have a Windows 7 x64 machine and recently uninstalled ImgBurn. BUT - it left the right-click context menu on dvds to read using Imgburn. Is there a way to disable this after an uninstall ?

Essentially the same post as here:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5574

I looked in the registry per the instructions on that other post but there was no entry for ImgBurn under shell in DVD in HKCR.

Any other suggestions ?

I'd just installed ImgBurn a few months ago so it should have removed that option with the uninstall I'm guessing.

Thanks!

Edited by panacea

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the long response time.

I just re-installed and uninstalled with no change. I did clickity-click through the install and left everything at the defaults. But I'm still stuck with Imgburn as an option in my right-click context menu for dvds.

Any suggestions on how to remove will be much appreciated. Let me know if you need more info from me.

Thank you!

check in your registry for these 2 keys here and delete them.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\DVD\shell\open.ImgBurn

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DVD\shell\open.ImgBurn

here's an application you can rely on if you encounter problems like that with other softwares

RegScanner 1.85

RegScanner allows you to Search/Find desired Registry Keys/Values/Data.

example --> read using Imgburn

;)

Edited by eSkRo

Open up regedit and search for whatever you're seeing in the context menu - i.e. 'Read using ImgBurn'.

Don't just delete what you find the instant you find it, make a note of the key it was found under first and let us know via your next reply.

If I can improve the uinstaller (perhaps to clear-up after older versions of the app too), I will do.

(@eSkRo, sorry, I've hidden your post as I'd prefer useful feedback on the location of these rogue registry entries)

I think the problem key will be 'HKCR\DVD\shell\Read using ImgBurn'.

This was replaced by 'HKCR\DVD\shell\open.ImgBurn' in newer versions and that's the one it would remove upon uninstall.

(@eSkRo, sorry, I've hidden your post as I'd prefer useful feedback on the location of these rogue registry entries)

I think the problem key will be 'HKCR\DVD\shell\Read using ImgBurn'.

This was replaced by 'HKCR\DVD\shell\open.ImgBurn' in newer versions and that's the one it would remove upon uninstall.

can be yes, it was one of the keys i've listed in hidden post

Your hidden post doesn't list 'HKCR\DVD\shell\Read using ImgBurn', only the current 'HKCR\DVD\shell\open.ImgBurn' version :)

In any case, I've just checked the 2.5.6.0 uninstaller and it wipes that one out too (well, the 'HKCU\Software\Classes\DVD\shell\Read using ImgBurn' and 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\DVD\shell\Read using ImgBurn' ones anyway) - so it can't be that - assuming the OP did actually try installing + uninstalling 2.5.6.0.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.