2.5.6.0 setup to burn xbox media

rubiq

Morning Team

Can you advise on what needs amending for the new setup to allow the burning of xbox media, as games are now over 9gb in size I believe one of the new features of imgburns new version is to truncate the size of the ISO.

I know the updated version keeps the settings from the previous version but just want confirmation of what else we need to change to allow us to burn them succesfully

Keep up the great work too, this application is by far the best out there I have used for years.

Edited by rubiq

Theres no need to be a smart guy LIGHTNING really is there :'(

I did trawl the net and various sites including on here for this info but so many just dont actually detail the information I have asked..

My friends since spoke to me this morning and mentioned

' go to settings, (under tools) select the write tab, and then page 2, select truncate and then it will prompt you when you try and burn you select truncate again.'

This is due to the default settings not allowing a 9.5gb ISO to fit on a 8gb dual layer disk

This was the kinda advice I wanted, I appreciate you get a lot of clowns asking the obvious on here but I believe the info I wanted to know wasnt on here and only wanted from friendly advice, not sure why you felt the need to try and belittle me but hey ho..

Sorry, maybe I was a bit mean. I apologise.

The fact still stands that there's loads of info available on the web if you search for it.

(and people that don't search just wind me up)

The info you're asking for doesn't belong on this forum - but at the same time I hate having to repeat myself - which is why the xbox related pinned topic exists (although it doesn't cover your issue).

Your friend is wrong (about the going into the settings bit anyway). Like I said, the default settings work fine.

In a very generic sense, if your image is too big for a disc then you have 2 options (previous versions only allowed for 1)...

Overburn (which will always error out and fail on DVD+R DL media)

Truncate (where the last bit of image (that over-spills the disc) will just be ignored)

When the program detects you're burning an image that won't fit, it'll prompt you asking what it should do.

Whichever option you select, the same amount of data will end up on the disc.

But like I said, Overburn will error out and Truncate won't. I know which one I'd pick if I were you!

Why is it that I keep seeing ImgBurn (or IMGBurn as they've put it) mentioned in the release notes these people post up and yet I never actually get to see (ahead of time) what works properly and what doesn't?!

Whilst I might not agree with what some people will use it for, it's still an interesting development/advancement in the technology I work with and am interested in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.