Can anyone name this British TV show?

dbminter

It aired in local reruns in my area paired with Benny Hill in the 9 to 11 PM slot. Don't ask me where they found it because I've never seen it again. :) I believe it was hosted by Kenny Everett. I remember that it was mostly a collection of sketches with some music numbers breaking in, like Benny Hill. What I remember most was a sort of running gag cartoon feature that was parodying Buck Rogers and the like sci-fi shows. The animation was, I think, in the Terry Gilliam style, cut out type cardboard animation, but, I am reaching back into the really early 80's here. :wink:

Any ideas? :unsure: Thanks!

After going over the link given, I am beginning to think it was "The Kenny Everett Video Show." It appears that "The Kenny Everett Show" was something on a different network and ran only for a few episodes. Hot Gossip sounds familiar :) so they were probably the band. Captain Kremmin, without seeing any of the footage, though, sounds about right. But, was the Captain on both shows?

"Hot Gossip" was the resident band n the Kenny Everrit show, it featured some young piece named "Sarah Brightman" who ended up going serious with her singing doing theatre shows and the like, who just happened to marry Andrew Lloyd Webber ( filthfy rich ugly git) famous for being half of the team that wrote the majority of london west end

theatre shows

so i also think the TV show you reffered to was "the Kenny Everitt show".

it was very differant at the time , being a bit crazy , hence the Hot Gossip band who wore hardly anything and did suggestive dance moves .Kenny Everrit being one of the more open "gay" figures on tv at the time when gay was not really mentioned on TV

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.