CUE File Seems to be "Stuck"

dgpretzel

I recorded a local concert, and am making a CD for the players. I used CD-TEXT to add PEFORMER and TITLE information. It worked like a charm. I can see the metadata in WMP (have version 1.2 of the CD_TEXT plugin for WMP).

Now the strange thing.

I have tried to change the CD-TEXT. I tried editing the existing CUE file. I tried using the CUE Tool in ImgBurn to create a new CUE file (with the new CD-TEXT). I have retried the second action, and then renamed the first CUE file. In all cases, I successfully burn a CD (and observe the CD-TEXT notation in the log), and then play it in WMP. It plays fine, but in all cases, the CD-TEXT displayed in WMP is precisely that of the very first CD I burned (with the original CD-TEXT).

No matter what I do, the original CD-TEXT is displayed in WMP. I'm thinking that either WMP has cached the original CD-TEXT and refuses to read the data off the new CDs. or ImgBurn has done something similar.

Has anyone encountered this, or have any thoughts or suggestions on how I can diagnose what is reallhy happening?

It is very strange. I just can't get rid of the original CD-TEXT metadata.

Thank you.

DG

Edited by dgpretzel

Bad form to reply to my own thread, but, I did some further investigating, which I should have done before posting the original question(s).

I examined the CD in "read" mode in ImgBurn. All the displayed CD-TEXT metadata is exactly as in the CUE file. (That is, it is correct.) Yet, when I play the CD in WMP, it (WMP) continues to display the original, old (incorrect) CD-TEXT metadata.

Conclusion: ImgBurn is doing things correctly. WMP, with the plugin, is doing things wrong.

Anyone have any suggestions to make WMP (with the plugin) behave correctly.

Thank you.

DG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.