Delete button not checked in queued files

ilu

Hi,

LightningUK!, further to Lamb Chops and Cynthia's posts back in February, the delete box not remaining checked when a queue had been set to delete each image.

I am still having the same problem - I'm using version 2.0.0 and ImgBurn reports it is up to date.

What I do is highlight all the files in the queue, set the speed, device and delete image. (Speed is set to MAX anyway).

But when burning the next image the delete box is not checked nor is the image deleted on completion.

When you said you had fixed it was that a version later than the 5 Aug 2006 version, please?

Many thanks,

ilu

Edited by ilu

Are you actually clicking (right clicking actually!) the option to apply settings to all selected files?

If not, you're only changing that option for 1 image - the one whos details are displayed in the lower part of the Queue window.

I am now and it works OK ... my apologies, I never knew that menu existed.

Many thanks for pointing it out.

Best regards,

ilu

All right, that works, however it is anything but intuative. Pretty much every other program I use be it Windows, *nix or Mac when you have a number of items selected, and change an option, the change applies to all the selected items. Or if an option can not be applied to all selected, it isn't available (greyed out)

I've also found that keyboard navigation in the queue window is rather bizarre, if you have an image selected in the image list and hit the down arrow it works fine, but after hitting the down arrow, if any of the dropdown boxes are enabled for the image you are now on, the focus will have changed from the list to one of those drop downs, so hitting down arrow again, changes the value of the drop down box rather than going to the next image.

Of course mouse actions have their weirdness too. If you have an image highlighted, click one of the checkboxes to enable a drop down (Set Copies for Instance) then click back on the highlighted image in the list, a second later the enabled drop down gets the focus back, this will continue to happen when you click on the image in the list until you click on a different image, or control.

There was a specific reason I couldn't make the queue behave in that way. It's because the 'Information' box always shows the settings for the FIRST selected item. Events get called when boxes are ticked etc and they run even when you (the user) are just selecting an item - and hence ImgBurn populates the controls with your current settings for that image.

So basically, if I made a 'tick' of a box apply to all selected images, by simply selecting the image (without any manual 'ticking'), the images would all have that option ticked.

Also, if images have different settings, how do I show a combination based on ALL the selected images values? I'd need some overriding checkbox to say 'Right, apply this setting to all selected images'. That would probably best be done in a different screen.

That's all very complicated to try and explain... but basically I had my reasons for doing it how it's done and not how we'd both like it to be!

So basically just remember that the options apply to the single image who's name is also specified in the 'Information' box. That image is the top one in the selection.

I guess I could make it so that if multiple items are selected the options can't be changed. At least others wouldn't then fall into the same trap you have. That of course then limits the functionality behind the 'copy settings' stuff on the context menu. You'd have to deselect all but one image in order to make changes, before you can then apply them to others having reselected them.

I've noticed the focus issue too myself and have fixed that already for v2.1.

It does it because when you tick a checkbox, it jumps you into the combobox associated with it.

Because selecting an item in the list also causes the box to 'tick' itself (if that option is enabled for said image), it also runs the event that then jumps focus over to the combobox.

As you've seen yourself, it doesn't matter if you use the keyboard or the mouse to change select different images, the focusing problem remains.

Because selecting an item in the list also causes the box to 'tick' itself (if that option is enabled for said image), it also runs the event that then jumps focus over to the combobox.
Ah yes, the joys :boxing: of event driven code, half the events seem to end up with conditional code. ( If User = Idiot Then Exit; )

Sorry, I tend to notice the quirks as I have to deal with them myself. I'm sure I've spent more time on the interface in my current project than the actual guts of the thing. :typing:

Thanks. When I first started using ImgBurn (the first release day) there were no guides that I could find. I obviously looked more than once but soon gave up.

Concerning Burn, I have often wondered what the heck this is, and reading your guide tells me how to use it but not what for, e.g. is it a sort of backup function? If so - then increasing that to saving folder selections and adding scheduling would solve all my problems ... it obviously isn't a Shrink replacement ...

ilu

Do you mean 'Build' rather than 'Burn' ?

You can save / load projects that can store folder selections etc.

It's possible to pass the project file via the CLI. So you could make a batch file and stick it in your scheduled tasks folder.

Yes, I did mean Build - thanks.

I'll look it up in the guide for step by step to grasp it.

Thanks,

ilu

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.