IS there such a thing as 12x CD-RW?

dbminter

Something I had noticed for a while and I believe it is the case. Can anyone verify it or shoot it down? :)

There is no such thing as 12x CD-RW. Everything I've seen advertised as 12x CD-RW has never written greater than 10x. These 12x CD-RW's have always had a maximum rated speed write descriptor of 10x. In both the Sony DRU-700a and the NEC 3500a.

Now, could it be the age of these two drives? The newer NEC is 2 years old now, I think. Anyway, has anyone every gotten 12x on a "12x" CD-RW? And, if so, how old is the drive used? Thanks!

As you & I have discussed b4....I've never found, nor do I know anyone that has.

Kinda academic now that I have a 10 pk of 32x and my older imation 24x.

I had hoped that when I replaced my burners about six months ago, that firmware changes would make the 12xers actually burn at 12. Alas...no dice.

Something I had noticed for a while and I believe it is the case. Can anyone verify it or shoot it down? :)

There is no such thing as 12x CD-RW. Everything I've seen advertised as 12x CD-RW has never written greater than 10x. These 12x CD-RW's have always had a maximum rated speed write descriptor of 10x. In both the Sony DRU-700a and the NEC 3500a.

Now, could it be the age of these two drives? The newer NEC is 2 years old now, I think. Anyway, has anyone every gotten 12x on a "12x" CD-RW? And, if so, how old is the drive used? Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.