No play on dvd player

jaymac

I'm sure the update shouldn't / wouldn't have caused this error.

Could you get a full log of you burning + verifying a disc please so I can see what's going on.

As a side note, have you also just recently got new discs or moved onto a different pack/spindle of them? They might be different to your last log - even if they are stamped with the same 'brand' name. This is the most common cause of things working and then suddenly not working.

Thanks no change in the discs the ones that failed to play in the standalone were Read in Decrypt and burnt with Img. I have just ran the original through Shrink and burnt the cpy with Img and it plays ok on the standalone. Have attached the log of the one that failed

I 17:56:41 ImgBurn Version 2.0.0.0 started!

I 17:56:41 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

W 17:56:41 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

I 17:56:41 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:56:41 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:56:41 Found 1 DVD?RW!

I 17:57:35 Operation Started!

I 17:57:35 Source File: E:\DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER.ISO

I 17:57:35 Source File Sectors: 1,975,018 (MODE1/2048)

I 17:57:35 Source File Size: 4,044,836,864 bytes

I 17:57:35 Source File Volume Identifier: DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER

I 17:57:35 Source File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink

I 17:57:35 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 17:57:35 Destination Device: [1:0:0] _NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG 2.88 (D:) (ATA)

I 17:57:35 Destination Media Type: DVD-RW (Disc ID: MCC 01RW4X) (Speeds: 2x, 4x)

I 17:57:35 Destination Media Sectors: 2,298,496

I 17:57:35 Write Mode: DVD

I 17:57:35 Write Type: DAO

I 17:57:35 Write Speed: MAX

I 17:57:35 Link Size: Auto

I 17:57:35 Test Mode: No

I 17:57:35 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 17:57:36 Filling Buffer...

I 17:57:36 Writing LeadIn...

I 17:58:13 Writing Image...

I 18:09:59 Synchronising Cache...

I 18:10:18 Image MD5: 34fa7adaee3b2731f7bf595142ac1dd6

I 18:10:18 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:12:43

I 18:10:18 Average Write Rate: 5,602 KB/s (4.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 5,750 KB/s (4.2x)

Edited by jaymac

W 17:56:41 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

I 17:57:35 Destination Media Type: DVD-RW (Disc ID: MCC 01RW4X) (Speeds: 2x, 4x)

I 18:10:18 Average Write Rate: 5,602 KB/s (4.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 5,750 KB/s (4.2x)

did you turn Any Dvd off?

Burn speed?

the burn speed is shown as write speed codajohn :)

Didn't you just say you'd done the original again with DVD Shrink and burnt it with ImgBurn.... and that plays ok? If so, I'm not sure I understand what the problem is now exactly.

Yes it was ok after going through shrink but I never had to do that before.If I had a dvd that did not require shrinking and was not encrypted I just used decrypt to read and imgburn to burn . For some reason now that produces dvd's that wont play on my dvd player.Ok I have a workaround by using shrink but curious why rhis has suddenly happened

Well I (we) can't comment on your stuff with DVD Dec.

If the source files are ok (or source image), the burnt disc should be fine too.

Thanks but it looks as if it may well be the source which is VHS footage recorded on dvd recorder >That all works fine but when I try to duplicate the disc the copies wont play on the dvd player.unless I go through shrink instead of decrypt. Just all this coincided with the upgrade but obviously now it has nowt to do with that.Thanks for your attention. Is IMGburn ever going to Read to save using decrypt?

does the original vhs footage have "old" scenes in the tape ?, by old scenes i mean like a documentry where it shows old time footage from say the war or something ?, OR you could be trying to copy your own home camcorder footage from vhs to dvd

if this is the case, your dvd recorder may have had difficulties with differant aspect ratios, ie mixing 16:9 with 4:3. although i dont see how shrink would overcome this and IB couldnt burn it as it is.

if you DID use mixed format vhs tape, theres a filter in the dvd recorders settings that will cure this for you . been there and done it after many hours trying to figure out why it happened :thumbup:

DVD specs dont allow differant aspect/bitrates on the same disc, according to tmpgencs dvdauthor

does the original vhs footage have "old" scenes in the tape ?, by old scenes i mean like a documentry where it shows old time footage from say the war or something ?, OR you could be trying to copy your own home camcorder footage from vhs to dvd

if this is the case, your dvd recorder may have had difficulties with differant aspect ratios, ie mixing 16:9 with 4:3. although i dont see how shrink would overcome this and IB couldnt burn it as it is.

if you DID use mixed format vhs tape, theres a filter in the dvd recorders settings that will cure this for you . been there and done it after many hours trying to figure out why it happened :thumbup:

DVD specs dont allow differant aspect/bitrates on the same disc, according to tmpgencs dvdauthor

What you have said is news to me. If that's the case, (and I'm not doubting you), why do many of my DVD's that do have mixed footage don't have the problem. They have been played on very old equipment as well as newer equipment?

ive only had 2 panasonic recorders, both behaved like this . i was trying to put all our camcorder stuff to dvd , and i had old analogue tape with 4:3 footage and newer digital tape from a 16:9 camera.

i was baffled as to why the output wouldnt go thru tmpgen dvdauthor and had to look up the problem , turned out if i changed the filter setting from VBR to CBR (will check out the filters proper name in a minute) in effect it would work fine and allow me to mix both aspect ratios in the same dvd-ram disc recording.

i experimented and found that anything i recorded off the tv ( bad boy slap my wrists) would behave the same when say a documentry kept showing old cine footage from years ago midway thru.

again, im baffled as to why this was, but is justa suggestion for jaymac in ase it helps solve his problem .

likewise, i dont see what shrink would do to it, apart from re-encode as the same AR all the way thru

Hi all the footage was in the same analogue format 4:3 via the same camcorder no problem recording (Panasonic) whatsoever only prob was copying the master disc. Fortunately havent too many to do so the shrink workaround will suffice

Thanks for the points

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.