Minor conflict with Nero InCD

Grumpy_Troll

This is really not a severe problem, just an annoyance.

ImgBurn is working great and no major problems with anything. I have my I/O setting as SPTI-Microsoft, with everything else at default. several images burned and all with excellent results.

The problem is my CD/DVD burner is set up for InCD packet writing software so when I finish my burn and reload my CD-RW for InCD it wont reinitialise. I then have to reboot in order for InCD to work.

Please remember, I'm just a neophyte and my knowledge of computers is extremely limited. Any viable suggestions? :|:|

To be totally honest, I wouldn't have a clue what's causing that.

There must be a way to refresh InCD without rebooting, you just need to find it!

Much thanks for the quick reply. Honestly if you dont know what's causing it, I'll never find out. :'( :'(

Oh, well. I'll try some things and see, if something works will reply back. Just thinking, maybe if I shut down InCD in Windows Task Manager/Processes, that might do it. Just something I remember from a long time ago.

Still, it works better than Nero Express for burning Disk Images.

Thanks, Amigo. :):)

Edited by Grumpy_Troll

I come from the school that packet writing stuff that wants to call on the drive while you are buring an important image should be disabled.

So, you have litte real problems, in terms of safety. But I understand your frustration. InCD was never a real stable prog - it always used to turn itself off mysteriously.

I'd give it the arse in favour of something a bit more modern - say a DVD RAM (if your drive support it).

Regards

as blutach above , any packet writing software can upset a burning prog . and the 2 most common bundled softwares a few years ago ( nero and eazycd creator) both came with packet writing stuff, which everyone installed along with the normal program .

if you can drop the packet writer , great, as i do recall several of these type of progarms used to cause grief in the past with "other" types of burning software ;)

given the cost of large external hdds, and dvd burners these days, i would be tempted to copy all files i wnated to burn to a folder on a large hdd, then fill a dvd up with them in 1 go when needed

Can't you just disable InCd in the start menu and then call it in from the program menu when you need it? :ermm:

Not an option with InCD. You must press "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" to call up Windows Task Manager and go into the "Process" tab, find Incd.exe, highlight it then left click the "End Process" radio button, OK any warning windows that will pop up. Then close the WTM window.

InCD can be reinitiated from the start menu or destop shortcut, if you have one.

Thanks for the reply,

Grumpy :):)

Edited by Grumpy_Troll

Hey Kev - do I detect oil under yer new truck? Certainly looks that way!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

(Note: Another 300 useless posts by me - when will it stop???)

Regards

Edited by blutach

as blutach above , any packet writing software can upset a burning prog . and the 2 most common bundled softwares a few years ago ( nero and eazycd creator) both came with packet writing stuff, which everyone installed along with the normal program .

if you can drop the packet writer , great, as i do recall several of these type of progarms used to cause grief in the past with "other" types of burning software ;)

given the cost of large external hdds, and dvd burners these days, i would be tempted to copy all files i wnated to burn to a folder on a large hdd, then fill a dvd up with them in 1 go when needed

There is another way, as described in one of my earlier posts, turn INcd off via Windows task manager, I tried it today, too and it worked flawlessly.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and helpfull hints. You are all greatly appreciated.

Grumpy :):):)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.