DVD Giveaways Signal Woes of Once-Booming Format

Movie Junkie

I got the original Moby Dick out of The Times, it is one of my all time favourite films and I would have bought it if I could have found it a decent price. HMV wanting ?14.99 for a film made in 1956 is downright scandolous! Although Amazon have it at ?4.99 plus P&P. I guess there is some truth in the article though. :/

I got The Mask free in a box of cereal a couple years ago, bastards have been skinning us alive for too long with this $20-30 per disc shite for too long anyway. They actually expect people to start replacing their collections with $35 BDR or HD disc? Fuck that.

I got... All Dogs Go To Heaven 2. :lol: Granted, it was a movie only disc, made specifically for Pizza Hut, with a starting ad video stream before the main menu. Which only has two menu options. Start movie and choose Espanol. :rolleyes: But... I didn't have to deal with that for too long... :shifty:

Fucking-A, Grain!

And that's AFTER paying a bloody grand for the player!? They can kiss my entire ass.

Besides, looking at a display at BestBuy, the picture is better, but it ain't that much better.

And until julli-censored.gifjulli-censored.gifjulli-censored.gifjulli-censored.gifjulli-censored.gifjulli-censored.gif is julli-censored.gif, I ain't buying shit.

DVD-Video has the market right now and for the forseeable future. Some might point to the 8-track's quick demise at the hands of the cassette, but the cassette tape was invented before the 8-track hit the market. And, besides, the 8-track was a pain in the ass, always cutting out in the middle of a song you liked, only to fade back in when it kicked to the next "track." And they were rather fragile.

My Dad actually had a car with an 8-track deck in it. Needless to say, no one ever even tried to steal it. :o

I got The Mask free in a box of cereal a couple years ago, bastards have been skinning us alive for too long with this $20-30 per disc shite for too long anyway. They actually expect people to start replacing their collections with $35 BDR or HD disc? Fuck that.

My Dad actually had a car with an 8-track deck in it. Needless to say, no one ever even tried to steal it. :o

Stealing 8 track players was a thriving business when I was young. I lost three of them to the thieving bastards. Cassettes might have been invented before the 8 track, but at that time , they weren't as good or as readily available. However, when they did start mass producing them, 8 tracks became obsolete almost overnight.

AHHHH yes, the 8 track quadrifonic player with a mini joystick to tune the speakers to just what you wanted..... :rolleyes:
I had a Learjet 8-track player. I installed it in my 1960 Chevy Impala Ragtop along with 4 speakers and the sound was fantastic. Edited by Movie Junkie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.