Player reads burned BluRay only as BD-R BDMV

crowley

Hello

Ive a question.

I burn my BluRay Backups from iso to Sony BD-R DL 50gb Discs with Imageburn. All Discs are playing fine in PS3 and BDP S480.

But why does my Sony Bluray Player reads a few Discs only as BDMV BD-R without a Label,Title and Image?

Mostly a burned BD-R appears with a nice Image and Title in the XMB when i insert the Disc, exactly like the Original Bluray.

But some burned Discs not ? Is there a missing Tite/Disc Info in the ISO Image or is the ISO not complete ?

Is it Player related ? Because the PC shows me the correct Label when i insert those Discs, but also no Image.

Ofcourse its not a big Thing because all Discs are playing flawless. But its nice to have a perfect Backup which looks like the Original Disc.

I hope somebody can help me, Thank you

Edited by crowley

When it works ok, does the player list *exactly* the same name as displayed next to the drive icon if you look at the disc in Explorer via PC?

If the ISO hasn't really been changed from what the original would look like (i.e. not compressed / stripped or anything), I see no reason for the two discs to display different things. Ejecting + reinserting doesn't fix it no?

When it works ok, does the player list *exactly* the same name as displayed next to the drive icon if you look at the disc in Explorer via PC?

If the ISO hasn't really been changed from what the original would look like (i.e. not compressed / stripped or anything), I see no reason for the two discs to display different things. Ejecting + reinserting doesn't fix it no?

Eeject/Reinsert doesnt help.

The PC in Windows Explorer and Power DVD shows exactly the UDF Label.

The PS3 and S480 shows not the simple UDF Label, its shows the original Name/Title and Image

I dont know if its Ok to write the original Bluray Title from my Backup here in the forum... so i create a invented example:

PS3 shows "This is the Movie" and PC reads the Label "Disc12345"

So the Original Title with the Image is stored somewhere in the ISO/Disc, and some doenst have this Info ? But why ? Maybe some BluRays have not a Image or Title Info ?

I think it could be simply Player related. For example my "untouched" original BluRay The Dark Knight appears as "The Dark Knight" with Image in PowerDVD on PC and only as BDMV in PS3, that says all...

Edited by crowley

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.