Burning Multiple Discs at the Same Time

holygamer

I backup my data quite often. Burning 1 disc at a time is time consuming so I would like to burn at least 2 separate images to 2 Bluray discs at the same time. So I would have 2 instances of ImgBurn open at the same time. Is this possible? If so, what is the maximum amount of Bluray discs I could burn at once at the full speed (4x) of my media if the ISO's are being read from a USB 2.0 drive?

What about if I used a USB 3.0 drive?

Edited by holygamer

• 8 months later...

I would like to have 4 instances of ImgBurn open and burn 4 seperate images from a single USB 3.0 Hard Drive onto 4 Bluray Discs at the same time. I currently burn at 4x. Would I need a special motherboard with SATA III to do that or has that got nothing to do with burning discs from a USB 3.0 Hard Drive?

Edited by holygamer

SATA 1 (150) is more than enough for any speed burning on optical discs.

As I said before, even if USB 3.0 could cope with the I/O requests, you're likely to run into issues with the random accessing on a single drive. I think 70MB/s would be asking too much...but you might get lucky!

• 10 months later...

OK instead of USB 3.0 I just dismantled the drive and put the actual hard drive inside my PC as a SATA III hard drive. My motherboard supports SATA III. Some Bluray ISOs are on the drive. I'm trying to burn 2 different images from that hard drive onto 2 discs at the same time so I have 2 instances of ImgBurn open. At random ImgBurn is burning both discs at 1x instead of 4x. I could be burning at the correct speed for days then at random it burns at 1x. Why would that happen? I'm not doing anything else on my PC apart from burning those discs yet it's burning at 1x. Yet most of the time when I AM doing other things I can get 4x!

My PC is working fine and I've got all drivers and firmware installed correctly.

I was also wondering how the verify is going to 4.6x when I set the AWS speed to 4x?

Edited by holygamer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.