DVD Region Code

Keith Weisshar

Why does ImgBurn say failed to change region code if an attempt is made to change the region code without a DVD inserted in the drive? Does ImgBurn give a last chance warning if there is only one change left and does the last chance state require the inserted DVD to be single region in order to make the final permanent change?

Because you can only pick a random region without a disc in the drive if it's the first time the regional code has ever been set.

After that, the drive compares the disc's regional code(s) to the one you're attempting to set the drive to. They must match or the drive will error out (not ImgBurn itself).

The program does say you need to have inserted a disc from a corresponding region.

I'm not seeing a specific bit of code to warn about last chance. The number of remaining changes is clearly displayed in the box where you pick the region.

I've no idea. I wouldn't have thought so.

Might I ask why you're asking? Are you worried about running out of changes?

Once set, you shouldn't ever really have to touch the regional settings. It's not something you're supposed to keep changing, that's why the drives are limited to 5 changes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.