Can you believe this shit what next

Kenadjian

A MELBOURNE teenager banned from wearing a crucifix to school returned to class today still sporting the necklace, in defiance of school rules.

Jamie Derman, 17, says teachers at Sunbury Downs Secondary College threatened her with suspension if she failed to remove the cross.

Her father Gordon brokered a deal with the school's vice-principal today, enabling Jamie to wear the cross with a letter of permission until a meeting with the principal on Wednesday.

"She is at school and she's wearing the cross, I've got to meet with the principal some time on Wednesday," Mr Derman told Southern Cross Broadcasting.

Jamie says the cross has sentimental value because it replaced a lost baptism gift, and she is refusing to bow to school rules.

"Because I have to cover it up, it's like they're saying to me I have to cover up what I believe in," Jamie told Sky News today.

The college banned the cross under its rules on jewellery and dress.

Mr Derman said the school has always had a dress code, but it was only now being enforced by a new principal.

"I bought her the cross at York Minster basically as a replacement while we were on holidays in England and she's worn it ever since," Mr Derman told Southern Cross Broadcasting.

"When you've got 16, 17, 18 year-olds ? they're not kids they're young women ? and they're not even allowed to wear a piece of jewellery."

Mr Derman said moving schools was not an option and he hoped the matter could be resolved amicably.

"If not, I don't really know which way I've got to go after that, whether I've got to go for discrimination or what."

Principal Brett Moore defended the dress code, saying it had strong backing.

"Ninety-nine-point-nine per cent of the students and parent community are in support," he told Sky News.

Talk about going over the top with bullshit.

A MELBOURNE teenager banned from wearing a crucifix to school returned to class today still sporting the necklace, in defiance of school rules.

Jamie Derman, 17, says teachers at Sunbury Downs Secondary College threatened her with suspension if she failed to remove the cross.

Her father Gordon brokered a deal with the school's vice-principal today, enabling Jamie to wear the cross with a letter of permission until a meeting with the principal on Wednesday.

"She is at school and she's wearing the cross, I've got to meet with the principal some time on Wednesday," Mr Derman told Southern Cross Broadcasting.

Jamie says the cross has sentimental value because it replaced a lost baptism gift, and she is refusing to bow to school rules.

"Because I have to cover it up, it's like they're saying to me I have to cover up what I believe in," Jamie told Sky News today.

The college banned the cross under its rules on jewellery and dress.

Mr Derman said the school has always had a dress code, but it was only now being enforced by a new principal.

"I bought her the cross at York Minster basically as a replacement while we were on holidays in England and she's worn it ever since," Mr Derman told Southern Cross Broadcasting.

"When you've got 16, 17, 18 year-olds ? they're not kids they're young women ? and they're not even allowed to wear a piece of jewellery."

Mr Derman said moving schools was not an option and he hoped the matter could be resolved amicably.

"If not, I don't really know which way I've got to go after that, whether I've got to go for discrimination or what."

Principal Brett Moore defended the dress code, saying it had strong backing.

"Ninety-nine-point-nine per cent of the students and parent community are in support," he told Sky News.

Talk about going over the top with bullshit.

That ranks right up there with the most stupid shit I have ever heard!

You guys are catching up with us in the anti-religion bullshit department.

A girl here gave the Valdectorian speech at a high school not far from my home. When she thanked Jesus and mentioned what an inspiration He was in her life--the school officials cut her mike! She continued on without the mike.

A football coach joined in the traditional pre-game prayer and was fired (!) for doing so. Unbelievable. You can pray anywhere you want--except inside a public school.

Then we've got this asshole atheist (I'm not saying all atheists are assholes, but this dude is!) who's trying to get "God" removed from the Pledge of Allegiance (which school kids say every morning--but it's not required). "One nation under God--" One of our appellate courts--whose nickname is the "Nutty Ninth"--has already agreed with this bonehead. The Supreme Court dodged the case because the guy doesn't have custody of his daughter. Naturally, he's found some other dipshits to represent.

We can't hardly teach the kids to bloody read and the schools are obsessed with making God is completely utterly eradicated from the schools.

But this crap happens all the time.

The Supreme Court has decided that the Ten Commandments cannot be hung in public school class rooms (no matter the context, even if its a class on religious history!).

Guess what's on the wall of the Supreme Court's chambers?

The Ten Comandments!

I'm relieved in one sense: this idiocy isn't confined only to us.

Surely it's also a religious thing - does the same school stop pupils wearing turbans or the like

"I give you Fifteen--oh shit--ten, I give you Ten Commandments!"

If Christianity had given nothing else to the world but this:

Do unto others as you would have done unto you.

Then it would have been the greatest religion of all.

But it never works out that way, does it.

Hard as it is to believe, Bill Maher has actually said an intelligent thing in his life:

"Religion is the bureaucracy that gets in the way of spirituality."

(The rest of career can be summed up thusly: "I hate George W. Bush.

A lot.")

saw the ten commandments thing,maybe if they called them 10 pretty good ideas it might be OK

Sadly, anarchy replaces the subtler forms of the exploitation of the weak by the strong, the simple by the clever with mere brute force.

And it always leads to dictatorship.

One need only look at Republican Rome before Augustus. Revolutionary France before Napoleon. There is another, more recent, Teutonic example that comes to mind. But the organized anarchy that brought was far worse than any dark age.

(Yeah, I'm in a contemplative mood. :|

Anarchy I tell ya! Start a fresh!

:lol:

Surely it's also a religious thing - does the same school stop pupils wearing turbans or the like......

That's exactly right LFC, since when wearing a Cross around your neck has become 'offensive', because that's what this about, that bit about banned jewellery is just plain bullshit. :angry:

That ranks right up there with the most stupid shit I have ever heard!
No arguments there MJ. :thumbup:

But this next one is not far of it. (Posted by PM)

The Supreme Court has decided that the Ten Commandments cannot be hung in public school class rooms (no matter the context, even if its a class on religious history!).

The Ten Comandments!

You guys are catching up with us in the anti-religion bullshit department.

A girl here gave the Valdectorian speech at a high school not far from my home. When she thanked Jesus and mentioned what an inspiration He was in her life--the school officials cut her mike! She continued on without the mike.

A football coach joined in the traditional pre-game prayer and was fired (!) for doing so. Unbelievable. You can pray anywhere you want--except inside a public school.

Then we've got this asshole atheist (I'm not saying all atheists are assholes, but this dude is!) who's trying to get "God" removed from the Pledge of Allegiance (which school kids say every morning--but it's not required). "One nation under God--" One of our appellate courts--whose nickname is the "Nutty Ninth"--has already agreed with this bonehead. The Supreme Court dodged the case because the guy doesn't have custody of his daughter. Naturally, he's found some other dipshits to represent.

We can't hardly teach the kids to bloody read and the schools are obsessed with making God is completely utterly eradicated from the schools.

But this crap happens all the time.

The Ten Comandments!

I'm relieved in one sense: this idiocy isn't confined only to us.

I agree with you on The Ten Comandments issue (and also prayer in schools). It makes no sense.

Hey...you don't want to pray in school because of your beliefs...that's fine with me don't pray. But I'll be damned if your desire not to pray should be used to keep me from praying if I want to. Since when are your beliefs more important than mine? (Btw this was not directed to you Pain Man it was simply rhetorical.

If Christianity had given nothing else to the world but this:

Do unto others as you would have done unto you.

The Golden Rule is not from the Bible. Unless you count Leviticus "Love your neighbor as yourself" which did precede Confucius: "What you do not want others to do to you, do not do to others." Now, yes, Jesus did say "Do to others as you would have them do to you." But, again, unless we retroactively apply the different words to make a point, we can't really say it came from Christianity, especially since Leviticus was written in a time pre-Jesus. And the Old Testament was merely absorbed into the New Testament, despite the conflicts. After all, let us also not forget Mohammed/Muhammed/Moo-Ham-Ed said the same thing: "Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you." Which means, in the end, the Golden Rule is just as much shit as the rest of human philosophical belief. :lol: A bunch of words people apply as panacea to salve the soul once a week when they start to feel guilty about how the really behave to each other. Cliche is easier than action. So, what better way to end than on cliche? How about a song quote?!

Singing to the Lord on Sundays

Praying for the gifts he'll send

But, we're the ones who take it

we're the ones who make it in the end!

Watch the buggers dance

Watch them 'til they drop!

Keep your wits about you

and you stand on top!

Masters of the land,

always get our share!

Clear away the barricades and we're still there!

We know where the wind is blowing. Money is the stuff we smell!

And when we're rich as Croesus

Jesus!

Won't we see you all in Hell!?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.