Sony Media/TYG02

Grain

Wallyworld (walmart) in Canada has Sony DVD-R's for $17.99CAD per 50. If you hunt through them, the 1-8X that are labeled Made in Japan are TYG02's. You have to be careful though, there are Made in Taiwans mixed in, in all the stores I've checked. There's no other difference in the label, just a small MIJ or MIT near the bar code. Not sure what the MIT's are, there are also 16X-R discs, not sure what they are either, but they are labled as 16X, so avoid them if looking for the gold, TYG02's. The 1-8X +R's are also Yudens, but once again look for the MIJ's. The +R's are 24.99 however. These are regular prices, cheapest TYG02's I've found, and are not TY's second class media, ValueLine.

Price, my friend. Price!

Why hunt for Sony TY02 when you cant guarantee to get a TY02..and there is no difference the Taiyo Yuden's original ones & this..seriously just get TY instead of hunting for these very hard to find product when the dvd from TY are the same.

The Sony +Rs (purple label) are Yuden000T02s. My pharmacy had them on sale for several months in a row along with the -Rs (yellow label) which are Sony 08D1s. I didn't realize that the +Rs were Yuden000T02s or I would have bought 100 of them instead of 100 of the 08D1s. But I still managed to get 50.

They were selling 25 packs for US$ 7.99.

Yuden000T02s seem to be the same as TYG02s. At least they scan as well as TYG02s.

I also have about 60 left of a 100 pack spindle, rebranded as Fuji +R 8xers. Of Fuji is a huge crapshoot these days. I once got a spindle of Prodiscs instead of TYs.

Sadly, we even have to be wary of Verbatim--at least CDs. I bought a 100 pack of CDRs which turned out to be CMCs. Which wasn't so bad because they were 9.99 American. And I like to have pack of scut CDRs around, for running off quickie cds: e.g. mix discs, discs my wife needs for work (gave her all 1200 fonts of my font collection) that sort of thing. Less chance of my $2/pop Verb 32x CDRWs getting left in the car in the Vegas heat or scratched or what have you.

But still. Verbatim and CMCs! I hope they don't rebrand any CMC DVD+/-Rs!

Wallyworld (walmart) in Canada has Sony DVD-R's for $17.99CAD per 50. If you hunt through them, the 1-8X that are labeled Made in Japan are TYG02's. You have to be careful though, there are Made in Taiwans mixed in, in all the stores I've checked. There's no other difference in the label, just a small MIJ or MIT near the bar code. Not sure what the MIT's are, there are also 16X-R discs, not sure what they are either, but they are labled as 16X, so avoid them if looking for the gold, TYG02's. The 1-8X +R's are also Yudens, but once again look for the MIJ's. The +R's are 24.99 however. These are regular prices, cheapest TYG02's I've found, and are not TY's second class media, ValueLine.

the better verbatim dvd disks are made by cmc mag

my cd-r's

Basic Information

Disc type: : CD-R

Manufacturer: : Moser Baer

MID : 97m17s06f

Write speeds: : 8 X - 16 X - 24 X - 32 X - 40 X - 48 X

Capacity: : 79:59.74

: 703 MB

scan OK, use nec drive to scan cd-r's

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.