Newer DVD-R movies not loading.

OMG77

I have a Samsung BDP-1500 and I use Verbatim DVD-R and DVD+R DL for my dvd copies. I have never had any problems with the discs before. Lately, I've noticed that my dual layer burns are fine but I'm having a heck of a time getting the blu-ray player to load any new DVD-R's. Old burns are seem perfect. However with the new, it just tries to load over and over again and then it kicks out the DVD and says "Disc can't be played". I can try several times and it will eventually load and play fine from that point on. I have tried the DVD-R's on several different DVD players and they load good too.

I use Imgburn and have not touched any of the settings in the last year. I also do a "verify" after each burn and it is successful. What could the problem be?

Thanks in advance.

Post a log of you burning + verifying a disc that then doesn't play.

If just the one player is having a problem with one batch of discs then it seems to me the problem is between the two of them. Maybe another spindle of discs wouldn't have the same problem or perhaps cleaning the player would enable it to read the discs.

Post a log of you burning + verifying a disc that then doesn't play.

If just the one player is having a problem with one batch of discs then it seems to me the problem is between the two of them. Maybe another spindle of discs wouldn't have the same problem or perhaps cleaning the player would enable it to read the discs.

Problem solved. I tried burning the same movie with a printable Verbatim DVD-R and the movie loaded perfectly fine. It appears that the spindle I bought online is bad/defective. This is the first time that I have ever got a batch of bad Verbatim DVDs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.