Problem exiting ImgBurn.

Eagle eye

I have Win 7 64bit system. Just downloaded latest version of ImgBurn and installed it. Clicked destop icon, up came the program, I burned some photos to a CD, great software. Problem occurred when I went File / Exit nothing happened but the message on the software screen LH lower said 'saving settings' and it kept on like this till 'Not Responding' was seen in the top RH of the software screen, followed by a warning box giving me the option to close or to wait for the software to close it. Did a quick Ctrl / Alt / Delete and the task manager showed it was not responding, so I ended it. Done an open and close exercise twice more, no luck. Any help much appreciated.

Edited by Eagle eye

I took your advice and looked for software conflicts. To my surprise I found that if I turned off my 'Trend Micro Titainium Sercurity 2012' internet sercurity software that ImgBurn shut down as soon as you clicked Exit. I contacted that softwares support and they sent me a tool to download a log from my system for them to analyse. They seemed quite interested to help. I have had that software for a number of years and it has proved to be very effective. Now I will just have to wait and see if they have a fix. At worst all I have to do is turn off the modem and the Trend Micro software when I use ImgBurn.

Had a go at adding ImgBurn to exceptions list still no joy. I have also noted that if I turn off my modem only, the program closed in 5 seconds after File / Exit. I also noted with the modem on and the Virus software (Trend Micro) on if I do nothing else but click File / Exit ImgBurn finally closes after 80 seconds. Previously I had clicked the Close X buttons after about 20seconds and got the not responding box. Trend Micro are yet to get back to me. Max time from enquiry is supposed to be 48hr the rep had said, so I wait.

Well I finally got back a reply from Trend Micro about this apparent conflict between ImgBurn and Trend Micro Internet Security software. Their best suggestion was to add the ImgBurn .exe file to their softwares exception list. I had already tried that with no luck. So now I am left with the following. If I file / Exit ImgBurn and do nothing it takes 80 seconds to disappear, if I turn off the Modem it takes 5 seconds to disappear, if I turn off the Trend Micro protection its instant off. Has anyone got any ideas?? I can work around this by doing any burning with the modem off but its a shame to have this silly little problem. Has anyone had program conflicts with ImgBurn in the past??

• 1 month later...

Ok so I just installed the latest Trend as a free trial (in a virtual machine) and it seems that it doesn't actually cause it to freeze, it just makes writing the settings to the registry REALLY slow!

You can see for yourself if you run Process Monitor and add a filter for a process named ImgBurn.exe

Instead of writing out all the settings (about 500+ in total) in a second, it can only do about 5 per second (that's probably subject to the speed of your machine).

Adding ImgBurn.exe to the exceptions list sorted that out for me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.