kybd shortcuts

The new ver 2.00 lacks kybd shortcuts for the new ISO build feature

I will keep using ImgBurn ver 1.3 and burnatonce GUI to make ISO since it has good keyboard support

Unless ImgBurn adds kybd shortcuts

Thanks for great software!

• 3 weeks later...

He's right. I'm really into kybd shortcuts. I started using a laptop with no

mouse many years ago and started learning how to do EVERYTHING via kybd. I've

never looked back. In many cases, it's much faster than using a mouse and you

don't need heaps of space for a mouse to move around.

As for what shortcuts I need... try using ImgBurn without a mouse. Try building

an .iso. Set it to ISO9660+Joliet+UDF. Enter Volume Labels. Then try burning

it. You'll see what to add.

As much as a dislike Microsoft software for its bloat, ever notice how ALL their

menus and options have a shortcut and/or hotkey? There must be some kybd freak

like me who works there... he's the kybd accessibility quality control guy.

There a program called foobar2000 for audio. Love that program. Because it's

uncompressed .exe and you can open it up in ResHack and add kybd shortuts and

hotkeys in the GUI where they are needed.

If you send me an uncompressed .exe and I'll gladly in the kybd shortcuts that are

needed with ResHack. Should only take under 10min.

Bigger and more feature rich does not always mean better. There's usually a

point of dimnishing returns where I just stick with the version I've got.

foobar2000 just recently passed that point. I hope this doesn't happen with

ImgBurn, which like foobar2000 is one of my all-time favourite programs.

I really like all the command line switches you include. Few other coders do that.

Can you release some other programs?

This is one of very few requests I have ever seen for Keyboard shortcuts, I think most users of ImgBurn tend to admire it for what it does with Images rather than what it does without a mouse.

The boss did offer you a chance to state what you wanted tho, are you really asking for all processes to be automated via keyboard shortcuts ?

This is one of very few requests I have ever seen for Keyboard shortcuts, I think most users of ImgBurn tend to admire it for what it does with Images rather than what it does without a mouse.

The boss did offer you a chance to state what you wanted tho, are you really asking for all processes to be automated via keyboard shortcuts ?

I admire it for what it does! (and what it doesn't do!: all that BS the other programs like Nero, etc. add in) Took me a long time to find a great .iso builder and burning program for PC (I previously only burned using a Mac). Hell, I'm surprised Plextor doesn't hire the boss to work for them. ImgBurn should be packaged with all CD burners; it's that good.

OK, so assuming you don't want to try a mouse-less experiment for yourself... most people are completely helpless if their mouse is busted... here's the minmum shortcuts I would add if I had an uncompressed .exe (this takes only minutes to do in ResHack, by adding "&"):

**To avoid confusion, "accesskey" means one letter is underlined, like in the menu of almost any program, so Alt+[the letter] accesses/highlights the item, e.g. Alt+F accesses File menu.

The Build screen--

add accesskeys for &Source and &Destination

add accesskeys for the tabs, e.g. &Information, O&ptions, etc.

add shortcut for Calculate function (e.g., Alt+C)

Under the Options tab

add accesskey for File &System

Under Labels tab

add accesskeys for &ISO9660, &Joliet and &UDF

The program already has really good keyboard accessibility. You can access almost every fucntion with the keyboard. I guess I was just perplexed when the new version came out and there were no accesskeys in the Build GUI.

Hey, is it possible to burn a Mac-formatted (Joliet I guess?) CD on a PC using ImgBurn? I have a .dmg on my iPod and I have MacDrive. I'm almost sure the answer is no, but just wondering.

Edited by ...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.