Need advice prior to downloading video file to create DVD.

kxkvi

Hi guys.

I realize this may be a little off-topic, but since it involves ImgBurn, I thought I'd impose

upon the considerable knowledge I've seen displayed in here. Please bear in mind that

I'm totally new to working with video.

I recently encountered a download source for a movie that had disappeared off the

map for over 30 years, but recently has resurfaced. I'd like to use ImgBurn to create

a standard-definition DVD on single-layer DVD+R media. (4.7GB) I'd like to do this

under Windows XP.

The file is available in the following formats:

1. Cinepak encoding as an .avi file.

2. h.264 encoding as an .mp4 file.

3. Ogg video as an .ogv file.

As I'm new to video, I'm uncertain as to which of these formats might be the best

choice for the project. As I don't require HD, I'm looking for the easiest route to

take to produce the files required by ImgBurn to burn the DVD. I don't have any

special codecs installed for these formats, just the stock codecs that come with

XP.

I'd appreciate any insight regarding what codecs and/or software that I need to

install to accomplish this task,and which format would be the best to download.

In advance, thanks.

Thomas

For any sort of conversion, I'd imagine it's always a good idea to use the best quality source possible - after all, converting isn't ever going to make something better! In this case I'd say that's the h.264/mp4 one.

Run the mp4 through DVD Flick / ConvertXtoDVD etc and then burn the output (a VIDEO_TS folder) with ImgBurn.

For any sort of conversion, I'd imagine it's always a good idea to use the best quality source possible - after all, converting isn't ever going to make something better! In this case I'd say that's the h.264/mp4 one.

Run the mp4 through DVD Flick / ConvertXtoDVD etc and then burn the output (a VIDEO_TS folder) with ImgBurn.

Thanks! I took your advice and downloaded the h.264 encoded file. I also downloaded DVD Flick.

Regards,

Thomas

Wow, am I ever impressed! DVD Flick does it all! You just tell it what you want, feed it what

it asks for, then hit the button, sit back, and let it do math for a while. Outstanding! No extra

codecs to install either. It even calls ImgBurn to write the image file.

The DVD plays great, too!

Thanks again!

Thomas

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.