No Audio if CD Text is used

Flarna

I face the problem that Audio CDs I burn with ImgBurn have no Audio (only silence) if I use a CUE sheet with CD text tags. The CUE sheet was created by ImgBurn by ripping a CD. I tried Binary and Wave - both have the same result.

The CD is recognised as normal CD, I starts playback and I can jump between tracks - but only silence.

If I remove the CD text tags in the CUE sheet the Audio CD works fine.

Log + Cue Sheets (with and without CD text tags) attached.

Any Idea what's wrong?

ImgBurn1.log

MIA. - Tacheles.cue

MIA. - Tacheles - Kopie.cue

Retried with Verify enabled. ImgBurn hasn't complained about any issue during verifcation...

But the burned CD has still the same problem, during playback only silence, no music.

Log file of burn + verify attached.

I tried also to rip the new burnt CD (the non working one with CD Text). Result is that .cue and .cdt files are exactly the same. The .bin file has exactly the same size but holds only zeros (original one has audio data inside).

If I rip the working new burnt CD (that one without CD Text) the result is that .cue sheet matches exactly, no .cdt file and the .bin file matches mostly (seems my CD-RW has already some scratches).

ImgBurn.log

Edited by Flarna

Based on the fact that the initial image was created with ImgBurn using the same drive I would guess that reading itself works correct.

I would assume that ImgBurn for some reason thinks that all zeros is the correct data to write as verify doesn't complain even on the new burnt CD are only zeros.

I tried to write the image with some other tools with following result:

CdBurnerXP

• Audio OK
  • CD Text OK
  • ISRC/CATALOG missing

BurnAware Free

• Audio OK
  • CD Text missing
  • ISRC/CATALOG OK

CdRecord (result very similar as ImgBurn)

• Audio NoOk (only zeros)
  • CD Text OK
  • ISRC/CATALOG OK

==> seems no perfect solution available for me...

Ah ok, so verify is no real content verification in case of Audio CDs.

I found that if I remove ISRC (CATALOG tag can be kept) the burnt CD works also fine.

So it seems the combination of ISRC + CD Text causes the problems on my drive.

So I can reach the CDBurnerXP result or the BurnAware Free result also via ImgBurn and therefore no need to install one more tools besides ImgBurn.

But still valid: Any idea to workaround my drive limitation is welcome...

Edited by Flarna

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.