Best DVD Rewritable disc?

davidw89

Does anyone know where to buy em? I dont know which company produce the best RW ones..like for DVD disc Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim are on the top. I have the Sony ones..quality is decent but would prepher better quality and faster speed .DVD-R or DVD+R doesnt mind..i can booktype both. Also does anyone know i f i should buy a Benq 1655DW it seems to be al lsold out and the latest online store got 5 and jacked up the price by about..$10+ to $129.

$129 for a benq 1655 seems way out of line New Egg was selling them in the $40 range but haven't seen any BenQ's for sale there in the last couple of days .If you have to have one wait awhile for the supply to increase that price is jacked up to the max

I have a DW1655 and I am very pleased with it, nice looking drive, range of options/features and the ability to perform disc scans sold it to me ! :)

thats the Lightscribe model yeah ? anyone have a disc that they've done a cover on and could maybe post a pic of .I'm in the market for another drive that can do the scans. I know the Plex can, how about the Pio 111d the auto booktyping is a nice feature :thumbup:

I bought my DW1655 for $62 incl/shipping. More than double that is way out of line. If you're in the US, check meritline.com or supermediastore.com. You should be able to get it for way lower than that.

So far I've found the DW1655 to be the second best burner I've yet had (second only to the Plex 716A which sadly retired itself earlier this year).

It outperforms my Pioneer 110D FW1.41 (judging by the DIP scans and I've run direct comparisons to make sure).

As for the best DVD+/-RW, I've had good performance Sony branded Riteks (4x, the 8xer's performance is too spotty to recommend).

I got a great deal on a 25pk spindle of Ritek 6x -RWs. They've performed well.

Unfortunately, the best manufacturer Taiyo Yuden, doesn't make RWs of either flavor (at least for the US market). :'(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.