commercial digitized format for ImgBurn input

bobbo9

This is a general question, related to meshing ImgBurn w/ commercially produced digitized copies of home movies on VHS.

I have a 2-3 hour VHS home movie that I need digitized. Ultimately, I want the content (a single Gawd-awful long recording from my sister-in-law to my wife on her birthday) on a DVD. However, it is longer than 2 hours, which eliminates walking into a retail digitizing service at Walgreens or Walmart. Online companies (e.g., DigitalPickel, ArchivalCompany) make open-ended offers. They can handle anything, apparently.

What I’d like to do is get a digitized version of the content in some sort of format that I can then write to a dual-layer DVD using ImgBurn. I’ve done that successfully numerous times in backing up existing DVD’s. But, their file format is VOB, BUP, etc. No commercial service offers that. They offer : “uncompressed video to external hard drives in AVI, Quicktime ProRes or MPEG4 (H.264) formats.” Are any of those useable as input to ImgBurn?

ImgBurn doesn't convert anything video related. If you want a DVD Video disc, that's the format you need the files in.

There are loads of tools that'll take your AVI, Quicktime, MP4 files and turn them into DVD Video format - i.e. DVD Flick, ConvertXtoDVD. After that, it's simple.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.