What file type to burn to DVD

DavidA

I know that this is about as basic as you can get, but I have't a clue about burning DVDs. I tried Windows Media Player, it seemed to only work with .avi files. so I converted .mov to .avi. The burn got to 99% then failed. "Try again" it said. I am travelling and have only one more DVD to hand, so I found an Sony program installed on this Viao, it didn't like .avi, nor did it like the .mov, so I had to convert to .mp4. That got me nowhere, the program simply made another file on the hard drive, a composite of clips taken at random from the .mp4 files. 

I found out about Imgburn, installed it, but it doesn't seem to work with .mov, avi or mp4. So just what file format do I have to convert the original .mov file to in order to burn a DVD using imgburn?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

David

You can burn the files to a DVD "as is" for archive purpose and for them to be played on a computer.

If you want the file to be played on a regular DVD player you need to convert the file to a standard DVD Video structure (VIDEO_TS folder with a bunch of .ifo, .bup, .vob files in it)

DVD Flick or DVD Styler can do this for you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.