I/O Error when trying to create image file of PC games

Browncoat1984

So I have a 1 TB external hard drive and decided that I wanted to make ISO backup images of my hardcopy PC games (that I haven't replaced with digital copies yet) so when I wanted to install/play them instead of hunting through a stack of discs I could just navigate to my hard drive and install to there. I've had some problems however - 

I've tried to create images from three games - Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force, Battlefield 1942 and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga (2 discs) - of those three games, only Galactic Battlegrounds has succeeded in creating the iso files. Both discs worked perfectly fine. The other two games both gave me I/O errors before it even started making the ISO file. Thinking that maybe the disks were dirty or something, I cleaned them thoroughly to see if that would help but it didn't. Both games install fine but IMGburn won't read them. Here is a copy of the error I got from Battlefield 1942. Can anybody help me? I don't want to proceed further if I'm gonna have this problem on multiple games, thus wasting my time. I've tried different write speeds but nothing has worked. 

I/O Error! 

Device: [5:0:0] Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S 1.03 (D:) ATA) 

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: BE 00 00 00 05 A3 00 00 01 10 00 00

Interpreation: Read CD - Sector 1443

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 00 05 A3 0A 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00

SK Interpreation: Medium Error

ASC/ASCQ Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error. 

Anybody have any ideas on how to solve this? I'd really like to finish making ISO's of all my games. 

So I have a 1 TB external hard drive and decided that I wanted to make ISO backup images of my hardcopy PC games (that I haven't replaced with digital copies yet) so when I wanted to install/play them instead of hunting through a stack of discs I could just navigate to my hard drive and install to there. I've had some problems however - 

I've tried to create images from three games - Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force, Battlefield 1942 and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga (2 discs) - of those three games, only Galactic Battlegrounds has succeeded in creating the iso files. Both discs worked perfectly fine. The other two games both gave me I/O errors before it even started making the ISO file. Thinking that maybe the disks were dirty or something, I cleaned them thoroughly to see if that would help but it didn't. Both games install fine but IMGburn won't read them. Here is a copy of the error I got from Battlefield 1942. Can anybody help me? I don't want to proceed further if I'm gonna have this problem on multiple games, thus wasting my time. I've tried different write speeds but nothing has worked. 

I/O Error! 

Device: [5:0:0] Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S 1.03 (D:) ATA) 

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: BE 00 00 00 05 A3 00 00 01 10 00 00

Interpreation: Read CD - Sector 1443

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 00 05 A3 0A 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00

SK Interpreation: Medium Error

ASC/ASCQ Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error. 

Anybody have any ideas on how to solve this? I'd really like to finish making ISO's of all my games. 

Are you creating an ISO of the disc and then writing it to another disc? How many scratches are on the disc, ImgBurn reads all the sectors of the disc and when you install it from the disc (letting AutoPlay read the setup.exe file on the disc its not looking at all the sectors ;)

I've tried different write speeds but nothing has worked.

?

Are you creating an ISO of the disc and then writing it to another disc? How many scratches are on the disc, ImgBurn reads all the sectors of the disc and when you install it from the disc (letting AutoPlay read the setup.exe file on the disc its not looking at all the sectors ;)

What the op wrote about write speeds is obviously a mistake and therefore should just be ignored. Changing the write speed has nothing to do with reading - so it's either bogus info or they meant to put 'read speed' in which case that's just one less thing to recommend.

I know from years gone by that safedisc / securom type protection on game CDs would make a drive throw up errors like that early on in a read operation and no amount of changing the read speed will make any difference.

The copy protection is there to stop you from copying the disc - and I'd say it's doing its job quite well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.