I/O Unrecoverable Read Error on Verification with new drive and DVD+R media

ThorOdin

I've been using this excellent program for many years now and have only recently experienced problems with a new build based around an AMD FX-6300 which includes a brand new Samsung SH-224BB drive.

I seem to be having a problem verifying discs after burn.  I am just trying to backup some data to DVD+R media.  The data has been compressed and split into DVD size files using 7-Zip and am using UDF 2.60.  It seems like sometimes I can burn fine and other times I keep getting a recurrent Read Error near the end of the verification process usually about 97% done.  If I continue after this error, I keep getting more errors (see last attempt in the log).

I have searched the forums before making this post and have tried lowering the burn speed and using different media, but I don't have problem with this media on another drive.  I suppose it could be the DVD Burner, but its brand new and seems to burn successfully 60% of the time.

I do notice that I get an I/O error with the Book Type settings as well, but I don't think this is related as I get this on my other Samsung drive as well (SH-S203B).

I am using Windows 7 x64 with AMD AHCI drivers.

Is there anything with this setup or within the log that suggests a fixable problem?  Any help would be appreciated.

ImgBurn.log

What AMD motherboard are you using?

I am using Asus M5A99X EVO and WIn 8. SATA storage in RAID mode. Drive is LG GH24NS50. Imgburn is not working in that combination, too!

Try burning the same ISO using other tool, e.g. Infra Recorder, CDBurnerXP, Nero.....

Edited by changmw

Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 is the one in the system giving me problems.

I have a GA-990FXA-UD3 for my main system with the older Samsung drive, and I think that one was working ok with Imgburn, but I really haven't burned much with it.  I think it was used an older AMD AHCI driver as well, a newer one was released since then.

What kind of problems do you have with your board?  Is it the same I/O error on verification?

What kind of problems do you have with your board?  Is it the same I/O error on verification?

Imgburn claimed that it's burning a DVD in its progress bar, but the drive's activity LED was not blinking, meaning that nothing was actually burnt.

Edited by changmw

I swore I reduced the speed to 4x and I got this error, which is why I went back to max speed since I didn't think that was the problem.  However, I have moved to 8x speed as you recommended and the last 3 burns have been successful.  Thanks!

I guess the last thing is do I need to worry about the booktype command being blocked?  Any fix for this or just ignore it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.