Trying to add 2 files to a burn

fredwiggy

Are you in Build mode?

If you want a DVD video disc that will actually play, you need to provide ImgBurn with a set of DVD Video compliant files. There are guides for burning such discs in the Guides forum if you aren't sure on how to actually use the program.

I've burned a few discs by just adding the file from browse,then setting speed to 8x,then burning. The files work fine,but I just wanted to add 2 one hour shows to one disc. I tried to browse,then add the 2 files,and they appeared in the burn box together,and I also highlighted them,then burned, but  just the first file burned, not the second one. I've burned this way in windows dvd burner, and they added fine. Here, I can't get the 2 files to burn together. I don't see anywhere you can burn such a disc in the guides,so I came here. I'm sure many people do this so you don't have to use one disc for each one hour show,and can add a few files to one 120 min disc.

Edited by fredwiggy

Ok, if you're in 'Build' mode (so look at the 'Mode' menu at the top of the main window), I don't see what the problem is with selecting 2 files and adding them to the source box.

Whatever's in the source box is what gets burnt to the disc.

Post the log so we can see what you're doing please.

ImgBurn is not a transcoding / conversion / reauthoring tool. It burns exactly what you give it, 'as - is'.

I tried to copy and paste log,but it wouldn't paste(no paste after copy) I looked at log file, and saw that only one file was being burned, although I again added 2. I was in build mode, and I tried this 4 times now, and it still only adds the first show. When I end the show in windows media player, it starts the same show again. I click on the forward arrow, and it starts the same show again. When I burned 2 shows using windows dvd burner, after the first show ended, the second one started. I'm trying this program because some shows don't have sound on windows dvd burner. These are shows I've tried using windows dvd burner, and no sound. Here it works but I can only add one show per disc, instead of the usual 2,one hour shows.Another problem, the dvd's I

ve burned using this play on my computer, but not on a standard dvd player. Disc error comes up. What could that be?

Edited by fredwiggy

You're just burning the files as files (please refer to the last line of post #4). Windows DVD burner probably converts your files into a DVD Video disc. I'm sure Explorer will see both files on the disc, you'd just need to select each one in turn to play it.

If you want a DVD Video disc rather than just the 2 files on a disc, use something like DVD Flick or ConvertXtoDVD to turn them into the correct format.

I downloaded dvdflick, and one file worked. Do you know how to burn a disc using an image file? When I click on the add title,browse,then open folder, no items match my search come up.

Edited by fredwiggy

I've been trying to burn using Imgburn,but that's the program where they don't play on a regular dvd player on the tv. Dvdflick worked burning an avi to a disc, but it didn't work with an image file. I did use write image file to sisc, but that's where it didn't work on a dvd player on the tv. Only on windows media player it works.

Edited by fredwiggy

It's not the writing of the disc image file to disc that's the problem here, it's the format of the disc image file in the first place. Please note that disc image files are nothing to do with (not the same as) picture image files.

DVD Flick will convert your video files (avi, wmv etc) to DVD Video format (a VIDEO_TS folder). You then burn the VIDEO_TS folder it creates (containing IFO/VOB/BUP files) with ImgBurn using one of the many DVD Video guides - or DVD Flick can even load up ImgBurn and do it for you automatically.

Ok,but I can't see in the guides where you convert an image file to the VIDEO_TS folder format. I tried adding the image file to dvdflick,but no items match my search come up,so how do I let dvdflick do this automatically if no file is recognized? I looked in the guides but there isn't anywhere I can see where you change format from image to another to burn it. I can burn image files to a disc using imgburn, but they don't play on a dvd player,so I tried using dvdfliack,and it works with avi but as you said, an image has to be converted first and I can't find the steps to do that. Also,I again tried to use dvdflick to add 2 hour long files(avi's), to one disc, and it says now they were added,but again,only the first one plays and at the end,the same show repeats and doesn't go to the second one. On windows dvd burner, it worked fine,after the first show,the second one started.I also tried it on the dvd player on my tv, and it plays fine,but no second show.Thanks for the help

Edited by fredwiggy

It says an Image file, 4.18 G,when I highlight on it, and I did make a disc out of one,but like I said, it doesn't play on the tv dvd player,only the windows media player. You said I had to convert some files,and I'm assuming this is one of them,from image to ts_folder,like some files I see online, but maybe they ARE iso files,and they are just listed as image files when I click on them. When I double click them,they do play also on windows media player,along with being able to be burned onto a disc.but they just don't play on the tv dvd player like avi files do.

Edited by fredwiggy

You need to get your OS to show file extensions and then look at the full name of the file.

I can't help you without having all of the info.

Bundling a few files up inside an ISO (they're like a box really) doesn't mean the ISO will just play. And being like a box, you don't convert an ISO to a VIDEO_TS folder because the box would already contain the VIDEO_TS folder.

You should start again from scratch, working with your AVI files. They're what you want to add (together) into DVD Flick and create a new VIDEO_TS folder from. Then just burn the VIDEO_TS folder as per the DVD Video guides.

I can burn the avi file ok,and they work fine. I can also burn the image files and they work on the computer, but I'd like them to work on my tv dvd player also. For the other question, I can also burn 2 one hour shows (avi) together in windows dvd maker, but a few show seasons I've found online, I don't get sound on disc playback,only video. The files work on the computer,but not on a burned disc.This is why I wanted to try dvdflick, but I can't figure out how to puy the 2 shows on one disc. It would be a waste of discs having only one show per disc.I've tried adding them 5 times,using edit,and accepting the files, and they both appear in the burn box, but only one gets added to the disc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.