Firefox randomly failing to properly render?

dbminter

Has anyone else noticed a tendency for Firefox to refuse to properly render pages? The forum boards here are a common victim, as are Yahoo 360's sites. It just won't render them properly, randomly, unless Firefox is closed down and reopened or the rendering engine is switched to IE. Then, it loads them properly. Otherwise, it just randomly happens. Everything gets formatted to indent to the far left, bars, etc. don't form. Replying to posts is impossible since the buttons never get "painted" still saying Initializing.

Examples. Firefox, when it doesn't render properly:

2416Firefox.jpg

Then, switching to IE immediately afterwards. (Switching back doesn't help and switching to IE again makes it fine in IE rendering only.)

4935IE.jpg

I've given up with FireFox recently, not only have pages not rendered, It also reverts back to default settings every three/four days and I have to reconfigure everything from themes to extensions. It's currently sidelined In favor of Opera for now or until I can be arsed to find a solution to the problem.... :thumbup:

Yeah, after Firefox extensions finally added one of the two things it needed to get rid of Opera, saved tabs, I was happy with it. Now, Firefox goes and shoots itself in the foot. Too many bugs are creeping into the releases and for an app that had prided itself rightfully on fixing revealed bugs to them, they've let the ' bug sit in there for the last 3 or 4 revisions.

I'd go with Opera, but, they STILL have NOT addressed the issue that appears only in Gold releases, but not Betas: that Golds want to randomly just refuse to LOAD pages. No reason, just sit there, Waiting, with 0 kbs rates.

The CSS (cascading style sheet) file is part of the website code, it's not part of Firefox (so to speak).

If for some reason the connection times out when trying to download the CSS file from the server, the page wont render itself properly.

I could probably fix that on the forum for you by making CSS part of the actual page content rather than a separate file. Separate files are good because the browser normally caches them, meaning faster rendering if you visit the site a lot.

What's been funny, though, is that the Yahoo problem is usually caused by the system logging me out. Or if I shut down a browser and restart, it wants me to log back in. But, once I sign back in, it's fine. I have to Refresh, though. LiveJournal was also problematic. Both it and Yahoo, especially, would display "ancient" data until the log in and then Refresh. Always the SAME ancient data, it seemed. And, I've also had problems lately with these forums wanting me to log in at least once a day where, before, it hadn't before. But, that was on IE as well, so, I don't expect it to be related to that.

I think what I'll first do is do a clean out of the disk cache in Firefox. That should help, well, something, in any case. Maybe not this issue, but... eh, who knows?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.