ImgBurn lockup...

mjl1297

Does anyone besides me have this problem with ImgBurn? I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and nearly every time I run ImgBurn to either make or write an image, when I get ready to do the next step in the process such as writing the image to a disc after building it, ImgBurn just stalls. Nothing whatsoever happens and when I finally get sick of the entire business and select File>Exit or click on the close box, I get this interminable Terminating Autoinsert Thread message at the bottom of the GUI and the only way out of it is to do a hard restart of the box because Windows won't shutdown properly. I like Imgburn but I'm sick to death of these multiple restarts. Is this as good as it gets or is there something I can do to make the program function like it should?

The burn doesn't fail. The machine just locks up after I build an image before writing it to disc or it locks up after I finish writing the image to disc so there's no logfile to report on as far as I know. This has happened with a couple of different brands of media and I don't use the cheap stuff so I doubt that's it.

Edited by mjl1297

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.