Book type question

chueco111

chueco111, Welcome to the forum. If you don't see your burner in the book type tab chances are it doesn't accept book typing, much the same as pioneers drives. Yours might book type to DVD-rom by default as the pioneers do, but this is just a guess on my part. :/ Always keep your firmware up to date. :)

Thanks for the help. After messing with the booktyping for awhile i found that Nu Tech seemed to work with my burner. I used a DVD-R and it burned as a DVD-Rom. I've looked for new firmware but have had no luck finding the right one for my drive. Any hints on where i can find updates for the type i have? Sorry maybe i should be posting on a new topic but any help would be appreciated.

Also if you need to check firmware availabiliy for your drive, open ImgBurn, then rightclick your drive where visible in the GUI and select firmware updates.

If you're connected to the internet you will then go straight to any available firmware for your drive :)

I used a DVD-R and it burned as a DVD-Rom.

As I told you that isn't possible as bitsetting is only available for DVD+R(W) media.

Cu Rippraff

Look under the nu tech tab and you'll see that it is possible. I burned a DvD-R as a Dvd-ROM. It is being read as a dvd-rom. Can't say much for the quality just yet as i haven't used a quality dvd-r but it does work

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.