Verify Against Image File - Broken in 2.1.0.0?

quantumred

Unless I don't understand the point of the "Verify Against Image File" check box, it doesn't work for me in 2.1.0.0. It always reads against the original data when verifying after build mode.

I'm trying to do a simple "disk is readable" verify after a build and write, so I have the box unchecked, but Imgburn still accesses the original data during verify, which happens to reside on a remote PC on my LAN.

That option is nothing to do with verifying after build mode - and as such has no chance of having the effect you want it to!

You want the 'Compare Against Image File' option in the 'Write' tab in the normal 'Settings' screen.

Of course that will then mean none of your burns will verify against the original file data.

The option in the main verify screen you're talking about is for a standalone verify. Where you can either just check the disc is readable or you can compare it to an existing image.

Actually I was originally referring to:

Tools->Settings->Write->Verify Against Image File

I see that you think I was referring to:

Mode->Verify->Verify Against Image File

But I was not. Now that we have that cleared up :-)

Tools->Settings->Write->Verify Against Image File

Does not seem to have any effect. Checked or unchecked, it always compares against the original data.

I'm thinking unchecked should do a simple "disk is readable" verification.

God I made a real arse of myself there didn't I ! lol

Ok so I looked at the code and you're quite right, the code is set to always compare Build mode written data against the original image (bunch of files).

I honestly have no idea why I made it that way originally, perhaps I had a reason back then.... now I don't.

I will change the code so it also looks at the checkbox in the Write tab within settings.

Once again, my apologies for getting muddled up.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.