Users Beware! ImgBurn is loaded with Malware/Virus Nuissance-ware

ByteMe

I, too, am done with ImgBurn!

After years and years of being a faithful follower, user, and advocate for ImgBurn, this latest injection of Malware and nuissance-ware (that you can supposedly opt out of, but actually doesn't uninstall) is nothing short of PURE IGNORANCE!

yes I am aware this software is free.  yes I am aware it is the top program of it's type.  Yes I am aware that advertisers pay to keep this software free.  In the past, "offering" toolbars and the like was ok.  I even visited the various advertisers, just to support this fine program.  Now you have gone too far!

I will uninstall this program and NOT GO BACK!  Not until you get away from this malware/virus/nuissance CRAP!

To all IMGBURN USERS:  Unless you ALL write to this guy, he is not going to change his ways.  Write to him, and let him know how disgusted you are, like I am, at this malware-injection crap!

*** DO NOT INSTALL THIS CURRENT PIECE OF CRAP!!!  ***

Find a slightly older version, install that version, and let it auto-update.  But DO NOT install this software as a fresh install!  IT'S FILLED WITH MALWARE!

It isn't loaded with anything other than the OpenCandy network plugin. Open the setup exe with 7zip and check for yourself.

You're free to opt out of anything that OpenCandy offers you during the normal installation process... I'm sorry you were unable to do that.

As a business backed by the likes of Microsoft and Google, I very much doubt OpenCandy would be peddling malware (remember the 'mal' stands for malicious so don't just throw the term around) or viruses.

I, too, am done with ImgBurn!

yes I am aware this software is free.  yes I am aware it is the top program of it's type. 

I will uninstall this program and NOT GO BACK!  Not until you get away from this malware/virus/nuissance CRAP!

I'm tying to get who's gonna come off the big loser here...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.