Remember SL and DL settings

rcubed

LUK,

Stupid me I keep forgetting to change the burn rate for DL DVDs. I burn SL TY's at 8x and DL Verbatim's at 6x. Like an idiot I keep forgetting to change the burn rate sometimes when I burn a DL. Is it possible for ImgBurn to remember the settings for each and set last used rate for that type when a blank disk is inserted. I would keep (dumb) people from me from messing up. :(

PS

Other features of the program ( v 2.1.0.0) have been working great. Keep up the good work. As always I look forward to the next release. ImbBurn it my primare (an only burn program these days a complete tool. :wub:

Cuber

Edited by rcubed

And just one other tiny feature I would like: To save the book type once you have set it (or default it to DVD-ROM).

[edit] I only posted in here because it was on the subject of not saving certain settings.[/edit]

Edited by JasonFriday13

LUK,

Stupid me I keep forgetting to change the burn rate for DL DVDs. I burn SL TY's at 8x and DL Verbatim's at 6x. Like an idiot I keep forgetting to change the burn rate sometimes when I burn a DL. Is it possible for ImgBurn to remember the settings for each and set last used rate for that type when a blank disk is inserted. I would keep (dumb) people from me from messing up. :(

Yeah, I have to remember to check that. I like to burn DL Verbatims at their 2.4x

rated speed, to get the maximum quality. But I burn Verbatim and TY 8-16x at 4

to 8x. I wish it would remember SL and DL speed...

EDIT

Edited by calweycn

The same could be said for all types of media - infact, every dye type!

He didn't ask about every type of media or dye type, but that may be a good

feature. An option to remember the last speed used for a media code. It gets

awkward when you switch between CD, DVD-5, and DVD-9. Probably using a

different speed for each type. It would be nice if the program had the option

to remember the last speed used for each media type. Even better if it would

remember the last speed for each media code.

We're probably just dreaming out loud. But who wouldn't want to remember

the last speed used on each media code? It saves time.

Edited by calweycn

I know he didn't ask about media or dye type but I'm just thinking out loud here. :)

One issue I have with this kind of thing is that a user could select the speed they want and THEN insert the disc.

The MRU speed for a given media (on whatever level it's implemented at) would then overwrite their selection and there's no way around that - other than to remove the option of setting write speed until the disc is in the drive.

It's almost never ending though because some people may like to burn different media at different speeds depending on the drive they're using.

It could also cause issues with the queue, which of course just configures that write speed box on the main page.

This suggestion is actually far from new, and as you've seen, I've not done anything about it so far. Normally it's about different speeds for CD / DVD though, or about having the write speed box limit to the speeds supported by the drive on that media.

I know he didn't ask about media or dye type but I'm just thinking out loud here. :)

One issue I have with this kind of thing is that a user could select the speed they want and THEN insert the disc.

The MRU speed for a given media (on whatever level it's implemented at) would then overwrite their selection and there's no way around that - other than to remove the option of setting write speed until the disc is in the drive.

It's almost never ending though because some people may like to burn different media at different speeds depending on the drive they're using.

It could also cause issues with the queue, which of course just configures that write speed box on the main page.

This suggestion is actually far from new, and as you've seen, I've not done anything about it so far. Normally it's about different speeds for CD / DVD though, or about having the write speed box limit to the speeds supported by the drive on that media.

LUK,

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. I'll put a postit near the display and one on the PC Tower to remind me. The only problem there is I have sooooooooo many stuck in too may places.

Again thanks for the consideration.

Cuber

• 3 months later...

first of all, thanks for the magnificent piece of software

second, sorry for digging this thread up, but i'm facing the same problems (SL vs DL speeds)

replying to your problem, i ask you if this can work out:

somewhere in a menu, you put a checkbox 'remember media type (or code) burn speed'

if this option is enabled, imgburn would start with that value pre-selected, but users would be able to chenge it afterwards, just like the current version

or:

you colud also add a dialog box (just like the benq advanced options or booksetting) in which the user selects the maximum desired burning speed for -r/+r/-rw/+rw/ and cd.

when you press burn, if this option if set, the program would use the user inputed values, if not, it uses the normal speed drop-down box selection.

i'd say the second option is more reliable and easy to implement. as far as i can see, there's no incompatibilities of any kind, as the users only activate this option if they want.

if you want to discuss possibilities for this feature with me, please feel free to contact me or reply to this post.

thank in advance

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.