Copied DVD won't play

AWKJ

Hello Everyone,

My 10 year old boy brought home DVD with the project that they created at school
he asked me if I could copy the DVD so he could keep it as he has to return the original to the teacher (teacher advised them to copy)
I have been using imgburn for quite sometimes  and to be honest I cannot recall if I ever had a similar problem before.
I've tested on two different computers with the same result, which is unplayable on my Panasonic Blu ray player, changing speeds doesn't make a difference.
The two computers have LG Blu ray drives one is newer than the other (BH14 & BH16 but they're both new.
Surprisingly if I copy and burn the DVD with PowerISO DVD plays fine.
One thing I've noticed and I don't know if that will make any difference is that if I use regular DVD burner at the end of burning process when files are being synchronized ImgBurn shows the percentage of the progress but using my Blu ray drives that's not happening its synchronizing without the percentage progress that's when the DVD it's not playable, tested with different brands of DVD's.
Again if I use the PowerISO DVD plays just fine regardless of which burner I use.
Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

ImgBurn_Write_ISO.log

ImgBurn_Build_ISO.log

Well there's nothing odd about that disc so I can only assume your Panasonic just doesn't like discs burnt how your drives are burning them when ImgBurn is being used.

I'm sure that if you read your poweriso burnt disc to an image and compared it to the ImgBurn image that they'd be identical.

There's very little scope for changing the way discs are burnt (you follow a fixed command set) but you could just try changing the write type to 'incremental' in the settings on the 'write' tab. Set the write speed to 8x and perhaps try a disc with 'perform opc before write' enabled/disabled.

If possible, try your ImgBurn burnt discs in other players. Even a games console will do. Your Panasonic should not be having the problems it's having.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.