How to get the proper download

dgpretzel

I wanted toupdate my installation of Imgburn, but I am having a dificult time identifying the proper download.

The lsrge prominent DOWNLOAD buttons that one encounters at the purported download site do all manner of things, but don't seem to supply Imgburn.

My Avast virus detection goes crazy issuing warnings and blocking almost everything there.

When I realized that I was doing something I didn't want to do, I aborted, but it was too late.  My home page has been reset to some "conduit" thing, and I have no idea what other damage it may have done.

Then I very carefully tried to identify the proper download button by careful reading.  There seem to be at least two downloads (different names) that appear to be related to Imgburn.  I don't know which is the proper and safe download.

How can I identify the proper download, and avoid all the evil stuff that seems to be associated or included?

Thank you.

DG

Thank you, both, for your helpful posts.

It would seem that the proper download is the one that has both "imgburn" and "setup" in the name.

Regards,

DG

P.S.  Is it normal to be seeing brief messages at the bottom of imgburn user interface?  I never noticed these before, perhaps, due to being inobservant.  But, I have them now.  Is there any cause for concern?

What sort of messages? (Semi) funny quotes from TV shows / films?

If so, yes, it's normal.

You can turn them off in the Settings on the 'General' tab if you so wish.

"Don't Show Status Bar Messages"

Thank you.  That would appear to be what they are.

Think I'll keep them.  Don't know why I didn't notice them until now.

DG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.