Backing up photo archive

brahma56

I am at a complete loss as to how to use Imgburn to back-up my huge photo-archive to BD-R disks. I realise that the information is almost certainly given somewhere here but I cannot find it, so I'd be grateful to be pointed in the right direction or have some instructions.

The archive comprises numerous folders containing a mix of Sony camera raw .arw, tiff and .jpeg files totalling 251G and I plan on copying about 12G to each of 25 Verbatim BD-R LTH type disks. 

I'd use the 'create image file from files/folders' option on the initial screen.

Then, using the 'Input' menu at the top, switch to 'Advanced' mode. Bring up the 'Disc Layout Editor' window and add what you want to burn onto the disc.

Close the DLE window again and configure the name of your destination image file. Switch to the 'Options' tab and change the 'File System' one to UDF (use v2.50). Then just press the big 'Build' button.

That'll create an ISO image you can burn to disc using the 'Write image file to disc' option. If you have enough hdd space, build all of the images first and then add them all to the write queue so you can burn them all more easily.

I recommend building images first rather than burning the photos to disc on-the-fly as you'll be working with lots of little files.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.