Buffer problem

snarebear

Lately when burning DVDs, they often take me about an hour and a half. Before,I was able to accomplish this in less than 20 minutes.

I recently was using DVD Decrypter, and during the burning process, the buffer would reach 100 percent then quickly deplete to 0 as it burned for a few seconds and repeat the process all over again. Once I went over to ImgBurn, I received the same problem. Changing speed or buffer size has had no effect on the performance. I have kept the .iso files on an external hard drive and burned with them there, and I haven't made any changes to my system. And the ovbious question is, what should I do to fix it.

ImgBurnLog.log

snarebear,Welcome to the forum.Check to see that DMA is enabled for your burner drive. Also CMC mag is just the the crappiest media in the world. Try someVerbatims or Taio Yudens for better results and longer lasting burns. Your burn rate is set to 2.4X and indeed you did burn at that speed, although your average burn speed is just less than half that.

I 19:58:59 Write Speed: 2.4x

I 21:21:34 Average Write Rate: 932 KB/s (0.7x) - Maximum Write Rate: 3,753 KB/s (2.7x)

The problem may be with the media. Also you should check for firmware updates for your drive.

www.rpc1.org

I in fact have DMA enabled and I've been to lazy to look around for verbatims or any better media becuase my locals stores don't carry them. For now, I'm fine with using what I have and have been. Also, there haven't been any firmware updates for my drive as it is 3 years old.

If you are fine with what you are using, then be prepared to live with the problems.

And the ovbious question is, what should I do to fix it.
You've been advised already.

Also, there haven't been any firmware updates for my drive as it is 3 years old.
Au contraire. You are on 1.25, the latest is 3.20. See here. Take the blinkers off.

Regards

Excuse my question (I have no idea about your PC skills etc) I assume your PC is reporting DMA as enabled, did you follow the handy guide in the FAQ's to actually delete the controller and then on re-boot you should automatically have DMA enabled ? As the FAQ says, sometimes Windoze reports DMA as enabled even when it isn't......

If you ave straightened out your DMA and firmware problems you still have a crap media issue snarebear...

I 21:22:16 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Book Type: DVD-ROM) (Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00) (Speeds: 2.4x)

It's only seen as 2.4X media so 2.7 is faster than than the drive sees it.

just to throw my 2cents in I Googled that MID and most if not all the other drives listed didn't even see 2.4x for the media, 4x was the slowest listedand up to 16x . Try a firmware update as this media wasn't even produced when your current firmware was installed on the drive .The drive doesn't really see that media ID and defaults to a speed for CMC MAG that is part of the drives firmware .The 300n is in fact I believe a NEC 1100 a pretty old drive as things go.First step is update firmware and then ditch anything with CMC MAG for a dye manufacturer Like its posted Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs are the way to go ,why waste your time and effort by using media that has been described as suitable for landfill ,pathetic garbage www.digitalfaq.com

have a read there and it might he

if you just want to check if its a usb limitation then throw the drive in the box and burn something find the problem by the proccess of elimination

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.