Open Candy Forced !?

tekkaman

I just downloaded  IMGBurn for a new computer and found out I can't opt out of a Recommended Software by Open Candy. I'm attaching an image below. Instead of resorting to spyware you should consider selling the software instead. I'm sure many people would buy it since it's the only one in it's class.

post-54011-0-29901200-1411422532_thumb.jpg

Yes you can. Guess what happens when you untick both those boxes. Yay, you just opted out.

Thanks for you sarcasm. First Read what the message says and then reply:

Custom Installation: Install the linkey browser add-on for free and:

The other checkboxes are for changing your homepage and search engine. Meaning no matter what you choose Linkey WILL BE INSTALLED. So you can only save your homepage from being changed. None of the options state that you will be free from the actual add-on (spyware). That's  Genius. I'm not the first one to complain. Check the installer for yourselves.

Right now the only way to install this without getting infected is to use Eset Antivirus and let it clean the Open Candy dll that's responsible for this.

Edited by tekkaman

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

What a cop-out.

If you have a contract with an advertiser and then you discover they are scamming your customers do you,..

a) End the contract and find another advertiser that doesn't use such nefarious means of deception.

B) Contact the advertiser and tell them they must stop force installing crapware, or you will find another advertiser...

c) Do nothing and blame someone else.

Yep, a cop-out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.