Problems copying and pasting URL's into posts.

dbminter

I can't seem to copy and paste URL's into posts.

I had a problem once a few days ago with pasting a URL in a Chat post.  The URL shows up in my post, but when I post the message, the URL isn't there.  :unsure:  Last time, I edited the post, pasted the URL in again, and saved the changes.  The URL showed up.  Today, I tried pasting a URL into a message and then trying to paste it again after choosing to edit the post twice in a row.  The URL is still not in the message.

Which browser?

Are you using the WYSIWYG editor or the basic text one? That's controlled by the little switch type button in the top left of the toolbars. I only use the basic text one.

There are known issues with this version of the WYSIWYG editor on IE 11. I believe Invision Power have recently released an updated version and the notes said it fixed this problem... I'll get round to putting that on soon.

Firefox 33.0.2.  I don't believe I tried a copy and paste of a URL since updating Firefox to the latest version.

I use the interface where the buttons are selectable in the toolbar.  I used that upper left button to see and when I selected it, the only button in the toolbar still usable was that upper left button.

I was able to get a URL pasted by using the Link button.  But, I didn't have to do that before.  Before I just copy and pasted URL's.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.