question problem imgburn

gamemaniaco

You most likely have Alcohol virtual drive software installed.  The only way to "solve" the issue is to uninstall Alcohol. 

Maybe Daemon Tools causes the same message?  :unsure:

However, you can generally ignore that message.  Unless it actually does have a detrimental effect on your drive.  Which only you can determine if that is the case.

Then, you must remove Daemon Tools.  The pass through support layer is what is causing that message and it is necessary for the operation of Daemon Tools.  As far as I know.

If you want a virtual drive software that doesn't generate such a message, try SlySoft's Virtual CloneDrive.  It does the same thing and it's free.

All you're doing is disabling the warning ImgBurn puts in the log.  The warning still persists, you just won't see it.  There is no interference in the operation of Daemon Tools with ImgBurn returning that warning.  And there may be no interference in ImgBurn with Daemon Tools running.  You'd have to test and see if there's a detrimental performance to your drive with Daemon Tools installed.  If there is, there will be detrimental performance in not just ImgBurn but any application that uses your optical drives.

Do you actually have a problem with the inteferring program or you don't like/want the warning to show up in ImgBurn's log?

Keep in mind that it's just a warning and if your system works as it should you don't have to bother with it. Hide it as you have been instructed.

If your system have trouble becouse of this combination of programs you need to get rid of the offensing program and find another that works well in your system.

As mentioned the conflicting program is the SPTD driver that can intefer but not allways interfer, so you have to test whether it actually interfer or not.

Bottom line is: If it works, it works and don't bother with it. If not works, you can't force it to work. Remove the SPTD driver and the program that installed it and find another one that does the job without the need of a third party driver.

Removing DT probably won't remove SPTD. You may need to run the SPTD installer from DuplexSecure and then uninstall it that way.

You can probably stick with DT, just use a DT virtual drive and not a SCSI or IDE one. SCSI and IDE will probably rely on SPTD and hence not work once it's removed. I'm not 100% sure 'DT Adapter' is available in the 'lite' version though, I have 'pro'.

I also have Virtual CloneDrive installed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.