2.88 3.5"" floppy discs

dontasciime

dontasciime;

The best I could find is the fact that IBM tried to make 2.88 a standard and it bombed. Their site no longer offers them for sale so I would imagine you'll need a legacy retailer and you'll pay out the wazoo for the discs. I did find a retailer, who also had a broken link to the discs here in the States, but they were advertised at $76.00 American for 3 discs...musta been a 1985 pricing thing....

How did you come by a 2.88 drive? Picking through the boneyard? ;)

Bought it brand new for ?6.99 at ukdvdr.

Had a feeling finding that size floppy would be a pain in the rrrr's, but recently had a program creating boot up disc's on 2 floppies and would have gotten away with it on one of these disc's if i had floppy capable of storing to 2.88 and a disc.

I normally pay ?3.08 for a standard 1.44 floppy drive and in past i have paid more than 6.99 for 1.44 floppy drive and i needed a new one anyways as the one in this comp is broken, sometimes it insists the floppy i have in is unformatted when i know for a fact its got files on it. Well now i do as the first couple of times it did that i thought umm must have wrong disc in and formatted it and lost stuff.

Will keep on looking ebay will turn up some eventually.

Thanks

Edited by dontasciime

found this on EBAY they're out of Canada

BRAND NEW Dysan MF2ED 2.88 MB floppy disks (Pack of 10) C $11.25

C $10.13

also ebay

2.88 blank ed discs free shipping 10 pack/$10

mpadams@pacifier.com

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.