Failed to read sector

Keremenke98

I've been burning successfully for a long time now, and this suddenly started happening. I burnt Skate 3 and Mortal Kombat Komplete edition without a problem, Nba 2k15 and Fifa 15 before that, no problem. And then I tried to burn Destiny and something happened. Usually Online Hyper burning is enabled, and now, when I clicked Write a window popped up saying that IMG Burn advises me to disable Online Hyper burning because of something. Its crucial they said. So I did, and I got failed to read sector. And I believe that next time I had Online Hyper burning enabled and got the same error. Here's my log.

ImgBurn.log

Your drive is producing a bad burn on those discs. It's not even failing at the layer break position, it's failing long before that.

Does that drive support clearing its OPC history in the drive/advanced settings? If so, do it.

Take a look at the packaging of your discs. Where were they made?

Your drive is producing a bad burn on those discs. It's not even failing at the layer break position, it's failing long before that.

Does that drive support clearing its OPC history in the drive/advanced settings? If so, do it.

Take a look at the packaging of your discs. Where were they made?

They're the same discs I always use. I don't know, MKM-003-00 if it matters. So I should clear OPC history then do it?

Yes, clear opc history and try again with online hypertuning turned off. If it still fails, you'll have to try another spindle of discs and/or another drive.

You sure that I should keep Online Hypertuning off? It was always on, what difference will it make?

Edited by Keremenke98

Well all of the test I did with the drives were done with it off. The only setting that needed to be changed from its default value in order to get good burns was the force hypertuning one.

I've done what you said and It started burning 'till the end, I burnt a few discs and just now noticed that It still gave me an error, but it just ignored and continued. How will this affect the game, will it work?

jbgg_zpse4ec69fc.png

Here's Kprobe result

sasass_zpsd3d49beb.png

Edited by Keremenke98

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.