build mode confusion

professorx

I'm not sure if this particular issue has been raised before but...there doesn't appear to be any option to select the destination folder after selecting files/folders. At the moment, v2.1.0.0, the list box displays the full path of the files of the compilation.

It would be very useful I think to show the *relative* path to the root of the compilation. Additionally, the source of the file could be shown as extra information?

Ideally, there would be a tree control showing the target structure, aka Nero ;)

wdyt?

AFAIK, build is to a device (drive) or to an ISO in any folder on any hard drive you have.

What I am puzzled at is why we get so many queries and suggestions about emulating Ner0. If people have Ner0 and are happy with its GUI, why don't they use it?

Regards

I guess a lot of people get confused because they expect the list box to reflect what the finished compilation will look like rather than where imgBurn is gettting (files/folders). It's not Nero per se. I guess people would rather use a well written free product, but are familiar with a bloated over-priced old app!

If you don't like people providing comment on features that you have added maybe you should remove the feature completely!

@dontasciime - wtf u on?

I don't mind people commenting, I was just saying it's like that on purpose.

I took my inspiration from my all time favourite burning program - cdrwin (from Goldenhawk), and not the newbie friendly Nero.

ImgBurn's build mode was only ever supposed to be pretty basic, hence why I said if you want/need extra flexibility, stick with Nero.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.