If I make a new rip of an ISO file, can I use the MDS file for the old ISO file?

Damned

Hello all,

I have a DVD9 ISO file that is missing the MDS file. I mounted the ISO with Daemon Tools Lite, then used IMGburns "Create Image File From Disc" option to create a new ISO file with a MDS file. I want to store this MDS file with the original ISO file I used to create the new ISO file, so I won't have to go through this process again. Will I be able to make a proper burn on DVD9 media if I use the MDS file from the newly created rip on the ISO file from the old rip?

No, DT wouldn't have mounted the ISO correctly without the MDS either, it's probably just halved the image size and called that the layer break position... which is then what ImgBurn would have recorded in your new MDS file.

You'd be better off building a new image using the 'create image file from files/folders' option and pointing it at the virtual drive.

You'd be better off building a new image using the 'create image file from files/folders' option and pointing it at the virtual drive.

So basically, remount the original ISO, rip it using the "Create Image File From Files/Folders" option, then burn the newly created ISO using the newly created MDS?

EDIT: Does it matter if I point the source to just the virtual drive or the VIDEO_TS folder specifically in the virtual drive?

Edited by Damned

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.