General Explorer Extension

ron spencer

Ron, I do believe it does that already, if I'm understanding the question right. I go to my doc>my videos>pick the correct image>right click, and burn with imgburn is top of the list in the drop down. :)

You may have to go into tool>folder options> file types> scroll down to .ISO extension and tell it to open with IMGburn. :)

yep..use that extension alot...

but what about registry entries...I could make my own right?

Suppose I want to make a .reg file to do this.

Now suppose my example is.

1. Hi-light a bunch of files (or folder doesn't matter)

2. Right-click and option "Burn Data with Imgburn to F:" appears

3. I click it, and Imgburn loads in build mode and asks for volume name, then burns (at last speed), and when done ImgBurn closes and CD/DVD ejects.

This would be do-able right?

It would just be like:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\Burn Data with ImgBurn on F:\command

and then:

"C:\Program\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /BUILDMODE DEVICE /FILESYSTEM "UDF" /SRC "%1" or something like that....this would be for folders...what about right-click files.

I would only need one .reg file....could modify as needed.

I don't know how to make a dll :geek:

Edited by ron spencer

The only thing is, multiple source files should be passed as 1 string but with a pipe (' | ') between then.

The reg key thingy doesn't allow for that - hence why you'd need another program (dll) to take care of it and format it properly.

For one folder / file, what you've put is ok though ;)

• 3 weeks later...
The shell is found at the bottom of this page: http://www.svcd2dvd.com/

You'll also have to have Net 2.0 installed.

this is from a search with Google

Thanks polo, I must have used the wrong keywords, as I couldn't find anything in a quick search using google.

I have this strange aversion to the .NET framework (all versions), and so may have to write something to do this myself. Time will tell (and so will life, as it has a strange habit of getting in the way :) )

• 4 months later...
Now suppose my example is.

1. Hi-light a bunch of files (or folder doesn't matter)

2. Right-click and option "Burn Data with Imgburn to F:" appears

3. I click it, and Imgburn loads in build mode and asks for volume name, then burns (at last speed), and when done ImgBurn closes and CD/DVD ejects.

This would be do-able right?

It would just be like:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\Burn Data with ImgBurn on F:\command

and then:

"C:\Program\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /BUILDMODE DEVICE /FILESYSTEM "UDF" /SRC "%1" or something like that....this would be for folders...what about right-click files.

HOLY CRAP IT WORKED (not that i doubted you ron...it's just that...) THIS IS ALL I'VE EVER WANTED FROM IMGBURN!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

really though...thanks for this help - it's honestly changed my life (or at least my workflow). I run a production studio and we CONSTANTLY need to burn a single folder to DVD (and verify it) - I was getting sooo sick of opening Nero 5 times a day. I've used ImgBurn for a LONG time (and the VIDEO_TS plugin) & lately I've commented to lifehacker and other forums, newsgroups, etc. asking for something like this - little did I know the power was there all along...you have no idea how excited I am...all because of a lil registry tweak - now being able to select multiple folders/files would be a nice bonus - but no complaints here

life is good...ImgBurn is even better...

--bp

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.