Burning a DVD

carroll

I have been using Imgburn successfully for about 3 months. Now I am getting the message "There does not appear to be enough space on the disk - Do you want to continue?" I have always used Decrypt and DVDshrink. I even went back to some movies that I had successfully burned with Imgburn and tried to burn another copy - I got the "not enough space message" this time. I am using the latest ver of Imgburn.

What could be the problem?? Thanks Carroll

This is something I have always taken to be true, yet I have never had shrink fail to create the iso on any of my computers when destination folder is just a little above 4464 mb.

Though it has to be said if shrink gives this warning its there for a reason, wiser choice would be to have a lot more space available on destination drive.

We can all speculate on the error but without a snapshot, logfile or the exact wording of the error it's difficult to give an exact cause.

Besides, my psychic told me the problem is blank DVD capacity. So there. :P

no need to get upset cause i knew the problem without the error log :D

We can all speculate on the error but without a snapshot, logfile or the exact wording of the error it's difficult to give an exact cause.

Besides, my psychic told me the problem is blank DVD capacity. So there. :P

................................................................................

I have been making sure that the DVDs are blank DVD-R.

I have attached the screen snapshop. I notice that the profile is set to CD_R. I assume this is the problem, but I don't see where to change the profile. BTB..There is no log since I click on "No" when asked if I want to continue. My thanks to everyone responding and trying to help.

prob_screen_log.doc

I agree with Shamus, your 'DVD' discs actually appear to be 'CD' discs!

So either you made a mistake when you purchased them or they're not labelled up properly.

From the screenshot I can also see you're on the original version of the firmware for that Plextor PX-708A drive, v1.01.

http://www.plextor.be/technicalservices/do...e=DVD-Recorders

Go and download + install the latest one, v1.12.

I agree with Shamus, your 'DVD' discs actually appear to be 'CD' discs!

So either you made a mistake when you purchased them or they're not labelled up properly.

From the screenshot I can also see you're on the original version of the firmware for that Plextor PX-708A drive, v1.01.

http://www.plextor.be/technicalservices/do...e=DVD-Recorders

Go and download + install the latest one, v1.12.

=========================================================

Thanks for the help. The problem was with the DVD disks(Fuji). I opened a new pkg of DVDs(also Fuji) and they worked fine. The "problem pkg" DVDs were sensed as CDs by Imgburn. Windows XP explorer sees them as DVDs. Imgburn sees the new pkg as DVDs and all is well... Thanks to all for the replys and help.

Carroll

I don't know why that would be the case as ImgBurn (and L_UK! can correct me here) sees disks and drives as Windows sees them. Afterall, ImgBurn gets its information from the Windows drivers.

==========================================================

My mistake - explorer does see them as CDs. Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.