Queue VS Share Function

sirvent6247

You've already been able to help me a great deal with my project and I've come back with another question.

I need to burn 60 copies of this school play.  I have two SATA burners and two IDE burners.  I've separately confirmed that they can all produce an error-free DVD+R DL.

I understand why my machine wouldn't be able to run four instances of IMG Burn to burn 4 discs simultaneously.  There's the concerns with SATA bandwidth as well as IDE single cable issues.  I also know that I'd have to have the ISO on four separate drives to even have a chance at this working.  Therefore I know simultaneous is impossible.  For my purposes simultaneous burning is irrelevant anyway.

My question: What tool should I be using to perform 4 consecutive burns to 4 separate drives from the same ISO?

Also how are Queue burning and the Share Function different?  If I understand correctly in the queue function I can tell ImgBurn:

Burn ISO to Drive 1

then

Burn ISO to Drive 2

then

Burn ISO to Drive 3

then

Burn ISO to Drive 4

With the Share feature it sounds like I'm sharing that ISO file to the drives one after the other?

It's no problem for me to reload the drives with discs after all four have burned.  I don't need simultaneous burns, but it would still save me time if I don't have interact with the machine so many times.  With the queue (or share) feature I can still cut my time at the machine by 75%.

Thanks in advance

I was thinking about this question and I think it's irrelevant.  Apparently the Queue feature only works for .ISO files. 

I need to have Video DVD's that can play in any player when I'm done.  Burning .iso doesn't help me. 

Is there a way to make automatic, consecutive burns in build mode using my Video_TS folder as a source to create viewable DVD discs?

Edited by sirvent6247

You can burn as many disc you want from the Build mode. Go on the Device tab and set the number of copies but that will use the same drive.

You better create the ISO and set the queue function to use all the drives consecutively.

You can burn as many disc you want from the Build mode. Go on the Device tab and set the number of copies but that will use the same drive.

You better create the ISO and set the queue function to use all the drives consecutively.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm accustomed to burning Video DVD's directly from my editing software so I'm not intimately familiar with some of these file formats....

If I burn these discs as ISO files in the Queue service, a standalone DVD player will not be able to read them.

The final product must be readable in a standalone DVD player. 

Edit: For clarification, I used my editing software to create the Video_TS folder, then used ImgBurn to create the .ISO image.  One location online says that if the .ISO is

created from a DVD-Compatible Video_TS folder then the DVD player will play it.  I just can't afford to have the recipients of these discs not be able to view them.  The

guy who made the discs last year did  a terrible job and my job has to be spot-on or I'll be criticized and compared to him.  :)

Edited by sirvent6247

It dosen't matter if you burn the Video_TS folder or the ISO made from that folder assuming the folder is compliant.

You can burn first the folder and make an ISO if you wish, than burn that ISO again and again.  It's just easier to create the ISO direct from the folder and skip the copy from disc to ISO part.

The ISO is a copy of the disc exactly how it is, it's just a container of the Video_TS folder.

Make sure you burn the ISO in Write mode not Build mode.

It dosen't matter if you burn the Video_TS folder or the ISO made from that folder assuming the folder is compliant.

You can burn first the folder and make an ISO if you wish, than burn that ISO again and again.  It's just easier to create the ISO direct from the folder and skip the copy from disc to ISO part.

The ISO is a copy of the disc exactly how it is, it's just a container of the Video_TS folder.

Make sure you burn the ISO in Write mode not Build mode.

Thank you.  I will try it that way.  The Video_TS folder should be compliant because I have burned successful single discs in Build mode from that folder.

That'll be an authoring issue.

It makes no difference if you burn direct to disc or go via an image file (ISO), the contents on the disc will be the same.

When using the Video_TS folder in Build mode the menu is present. 

The .iso file has been derived by ImgBurn from my Video_TS folder

When using the .mds file in Write mode...the menu is missing. 

There are three files in the folder I sent the .iso file to when I created the .iso from the Video_TS.  There is a .dvd, a .iso and .mds

Do I need to add all these as files to the write queue in order for my menu to be included?  I tried to add the .iso and ImgBurn selected .mds instead

Since the Video_TS Build mode works every time I don't think it's an authoring issue.

I can assure you there's no difference between setting Build mode's 'output' to 'device' or 'image file'. The program just redirects the same data to either one of those.

Mount the ISO in a virtual drive program and do a file comparison between those on the virtual drive and those on the directly burnt disc. You should find they're identical.

Thank you for your patience and your help with this topic.  I have learned that the menu is INDEED on the .iso derived disc (but you already knew that, right?)

The issue appears to be that the .iso derived disc does not bring the menu up first when the disc is inserted in a Playstation 4.  I can manually select the menu with the controller or remote but it doesn't come up first the way it should.  The Video_TS derived disc will have the menu appear first.

The issue only seems to affect my PS4.  My PS3, the virtual drive program, and a laptop that plays DVD's all play the .iso disc properly by displaying the menu first.  Apparently the PS4 has some reason it treats this disc differently than the Video_TS derived disc.  I don't see how it's possible but that seems to be the problem. 

Thanks again for helping me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.