Bundled Virus

mortyBox

Yah... screw you guys.

Total browser hijack... Call some number to get PC scanned for $199.  Tried junkware remover and malware bytes after uninstalling all the crap that was bundled with this software.  Still infected.  Had to re-image my PC.

Thanks ImgBurn!

Don't even try to deny it.

Nothing is bundled, the opencandy plugin offers things dynamically from a massive list of apps. I don't know what you're offered and it can change each time you run the installer.

If something it offered and you installed has done that to your machine, they need to be made aware of it as I'm quite sure it shouldn't be.

These are YOUR partnerships.  I realize your application is not directly responsible, but I feel you have an obligation to this community (and yourself for that matter) to ensure your product doesn't get a bad name because you partner up with shady investors. 

If opencandy is being exploited (and it is) it should be your responsibility to remove it from the installer.  I wouldn't want my software to be in any way associated with a bunch of douchebags that charge $199.00 to remove malware/viruses which they put there in the 1st place.

Edited by mortyBox

• 2 months later...

LIGHTNING UK!

- It's simple. Just don't use OpenCandy in YOUR installer. YOU make the decision to use it - as stated in the release notes for ImgBurn. So, it's simple: DON'T.

INSTEAD: Make an effort to make your software available by purchase - that's the HONEST approach. YOU KNOW *I* would buy it - as I have already donated twice.

Everyone else: keep complaining. Keep going... Support other posters, upvote, comment, get behind them.

I've seen other software use similar malware installer tactics, I've complained, as have others and that software maker STOPPED.

If enough people complain...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.