imgburn freezes before verifying BD+DL Verbatim

MichaelM

hello

i just got a new PC and now ive been having trouble with imgburn on it. the previous computer and my burner i had with imgburn had no problems at all from that app. the burner is a Pioneer BD-RW BDR-S08. that and imgburn are up to date. Everytime i burn a bluray dual layer it freezes after it completes writing the disc and it says cycling tray before verify. im using Verbatim bd blanks. also if i try to exit the imgburn after that it freezes the log and my drive and says searching for SCSI / ATAPI
devices. I have to use task manager to end the task to get it to exit. but then my bd drive is unaccessable. hopefully you guys can help me solve this. also i checked the logs to get info about the times it froze but for some reason those times werent listed. thought imgburn logs every burn. if you still want to see the log please let me know even though it doesnt list the times where the problem occurs.

thanks in advance

If it's cycling the tray, it's simply issuing the commands to eject the tray and then load it again. Something else on you system must be preventing those from completing and causing the freeze.

Right click the drive selection box and pick Family Tree. Close the prompt and then copy + paste everything from the log window please.

hi

here it is.

I 03:45:51 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!
I 03:45:51 Microsoft Windows 8 Core x64 Edition (6.2, Build 9200)
I 03:45:51 Total Physical Memory: 16,776,364 KiB  -  Available: 14,677,776 KiB
I 03:45:51 Initialising SPTI...
I 03:45:51 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 03:45:52 -> Drive 1 - Info: PIONEER BD-RW   BDR-S08 1.40-ID43 (H:) (SATA)
I 03:45:52 Found 1 BD-RE XL!
I 03:46:22 Device: [4:0:0] PIONEER BD-RW   BDR-S08 1.40 (H:) (SATA)
I 03:46:22 Family Tree:
I 03:46:22 -> ACPI x64-based PC
I 03:46:22 -> Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
I 03:46:22 -> PCI bus
I 03:46:22 -> PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge (VEN_1022&DEV_9607 - AMD - pci)
I 03:46:22 -> Standard SATA AHCI Controller (VEN_1B21&DEV_0612 - ASMedia - storahci - v6.3.9600.16384)
I 03:46:22 -> CD-ROM Drive (PIONEER BD-RW   BDR-S08) (Bus Number 0, Target Id 0, LUN 0)

I'm going to assume you have another spare port on your board somewhere that isn't connected to that asmedia controller. Connect the drive to that instead.

Optical drives don't like some controllers very much... especially if the controller doesn't have certain firmware / drivers installed.

hello

yup i got another port i can connect it to. the back of the burner is connected to this white sata plug thats always been there since i got this new computer. its labeled something about its speed or something. but this isnt the burner that came with it couldnt burn blurays if i recall. so i reused my burner from the previous computer. so basically what im saying is why did it work at first and now it happens everytime that it freezes and says that message? please let me know. thanks in advance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.