unable to burn DVDs that play

Mandali44

Hi,

I used to be able to burn DVDs with ImgBurn and now I can't.  I use .vob files.  After not being able to burn a DVD that played, I went to settings and had them returned to default.  I burned a DVD again and it said completed successfully, as did the previous burn that didn't play.  This didn't play either.

I have attached the log.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ImgBurn.log

You aren't burning your files as a DVD Video disc. Notice the 'Content Type' field in the log just says 'Data' rather than 'DVD Video'.

Which files have you actually added to the source box? ImgBurn would normally detect you're trying to burn a DVD Video disc and configure itself accordingly.

You must be doing something really strange if that isn't working. Do you have a VIDEO_TS.IFO file?

• 3 months later...

These are links to the list of files I am trying to burn and the ImgBurn window I get:

(These files were created using Adobe Premiere Elements 8)

http://liltheadesigns.com/images/filestoburn.jpg

http://liltheadesigns.com/images/imgburn.jpg

How do I change it to Video DVD from Data?  I clicked option reset to default.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Mandali44

The .vindex and .xmp files could be causing the trouble?  I don't know how ImgBurn determines what a DVD Video disc is, but if there are extra files in the VIDEO_TS folder that aren't .VOB, .IFO, and .BUP, I think it will always fail to create a DVD Video compliant disc.  ImgBurn will always think it's a Data Disc?  I'm not entirely sure, but I'd try getting rid of everything that isn't a .VOB, .IFO, or .BUP file and see if that helps.

Ah, maybe they weren't in a VIDEO_TS to begin with?  If they weren't and you just dragged and dropped the files into the root directory of a project, then it definitely won't be a DVD Video.

I'm guessing if you create a VIDEO_TS and drag and drop VOB, IFO, and BUP files into it, ImgBurn will still recognize a DVD Video job being attempted.  That it doesn't just do that on a drag and drop of a VIDEO_TS?

I remember the program can build a Video DVD even from the speciffic files (IFO, VOB, BUP)

Just select the needed files and drag them to the project and the program will detect it as Video DVD files and offer to make adjustments and selfcreate VIDEO_TS folder.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.