How to Back up GPS DVD

Goldy

Hi I'm not sure this is the place to post this for help.

I just bought a new car with a GPS Navigation System in it. The Nav. disc is a DVD and costs $199.00 to replace. I used Alcohol 120% to make a disc image (Mds.) I then burned that image on a dual layer disc since the data was about 6 gigs. I placed the copied dics in the Nav system and it could not read the disc.

Is there a way to copy such a disc?

Someone said that the disc might be written in a ptp format and the copy I made on my computer is opt?

I have no idea what that's all about.

I've been very successful backing up many of my own Dvd's( Hundreds).

Can anyone point me in the right direction to back up my copy.

Thanks,

Goldy :blink:

I think we had this before on the forum a while back (search should confirm this) and I am pretty sure the GPS disc was Parallel Track Path and not Opposite Track Path.

Your burner can only burn DVD+R DL in OTP therefore the disc you back up will not be recognised.

Opposite Track Path = Burnt from inner hub to outer edge of disc on 1st layer and then from outer edge of disc back to inner hub on second layer.

Parallel Track Path - Burnt from inner hub to outside edge of disc on 1st layer and then the same again on the second layer.

I think...... :lol:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtop...Satnav&st=0

Read this post - towards the bottom of the 1st page it mentions a similar problem as yours. As you can see the poster never came back on the topic tho.....

Thanks all for your quick response to my questions.

It looks like I better be carefull not to damage the disc or it will be an expensive mistake.

If anyone knows a way that I could do it or a company that would do it please let me know.

Thanks

Goldy

If you burnt to verbatim dvd+r dl media, booktyped to dvdrom and saw 'layer break method: copied from original disc' in the log, you've already done everything you possibly can and it just wont work!

Thanks again all. I just don't like the fact that I can't back up something that I own.

The coorparate world has the advantage in this case. :angry:

Goldy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.