DVD playback

Merv Sims

I have been unable to burn DVD with Adobe Premier Elements 11/Photoshop11. Message: burn halted at 99% internal software error %0%1.

This would seem to be a long running problem for many years.

They suggest  burning to file and then using 'ImgBurn' to burn to disc. I have done this successfuly but my player message is 'Incompatible TV settings' so unable to view.  I am Using Windows10

Or, you're in the UK, so PAL vs. NTSC doesn't matter as NTSC plays on PAL, just not the other way around.

I'd still test to make sure the DVD is playable with PC playback software.  If it won't play on your PC, it definitely won't play on a DVD player as PC is more forgiving.

After that, given the vague nature of the error message, you'd have to Google the error message and your DVD player model to see if there's any further explanation of that error available online.  TV settings should only have mattered if you were trying to play PAL on an NTSC player as more up to date players check for the video type and restrict it based on the region of your player.  For instance, my PS3 checks for PAL and won't play PAL since I'm in R1, where we're on NTSC.

You may need to Google for your TV, too, as it may be the TV that is returning that error.  I Googled that particular error message and got a few hits, with both Panasonic and Sony DVD players returning the error and LG and Pioneer TV's returning that error.  Most of the fixes for those problems were to change from PAL to NTSC in the conversion software.  Unless this Premiere Elements has changed its settings from PAL to NTSC.  The region locking may be coming into effect because of the difference in video formats.

Thank you very much for your reply and suggestions.  What had happened was that Premier Elements had defaulted back to NTSC. I changed it to PAL and it worked.

It does seam wrong that Adobe have not addressed this problem and that third party software has to be used.

Thanks for your help

Merv Sims

Yeah, you know, sometimes it just happens.  Software settings get changed for no readily apparent reason.  I had my automatic check for updates once turned off in Macrium Reflect.  It was just randomly disabled.  I enabled it again and everything was fine.  I would never have noticed it had I not had a monthly manual list of web sites to check for updates.  I check them because you can't trust automatic updates will find updates, as I just proved.  :)

I've added that page to my Firefox list of tabs that get opened every time I open FF.  That way I can check the most recent postings over the last 24 hours.  Thanks, this should help.  :)  Especially since Secunia can't be trusted anymore.  It is good at finding updates but tends to tell you you still need to update them even after you've updated them!  :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.